British Module, men walking through walls, and into wrong room.

I was going to post a picture, but my connection is having trouble right now.

I am currently playing The Mouse Trap, and my men, when moving onto the roof of a building, walk through the walls, on occasion. They also end up moving into adjacent rooms rather than moving onto the rooftop as ordered. This is happening around the central 3 story building in the compound. I will try to post a picture later tonight, or tomorrow.

Additionally, can only light infantry guys drive the LMTV? I tried to get a British squad to crew it, and they would only get in as passengers.

Yeah, we would need to see a save game of that. We did put in some fairly recent changes (last month?) to better support walking onto roofs from adjacent buildings. The testers hammered at that and a few problems were found and fixed. But buildings are very complicated, situationally dependent elements and so I wouldn't be surprised if we missed something. After all, this is why most games don't allow you to enter into buildings at all :D

Steve

One reason could be that building complex in 'The Mouse Trap' may be a little too 'cleverly designed'.

Different-shaped butting buildings, wth doors on interior walls almost matching-up. Flat-topped balconies leading onto adjacent roofs. You see three rooms, the AI see's a rat's maze. Its a credit to the AI that it mostly works! Perhaps its the designer's fault (me, actually). Pushing things as far they'll go sometimes results in pushing things a wee bit further than you perhaps ought. :rolleyes:

I had some strange behavior when entering the police compound building in the demo. I lost most of my Brits this way due to their stupidity. When entering the first floor of the center multi story building some of the troops run out the other side of the building to set up outside. Of’ course these guys all died. When given the order to assault the second story of the center building some of the guys move to the rooftops of the two attached smaller building on the side of the center building. This was not what I ordered and by moving to lesser cover I received more casualties than I should have. Hopefully it is that particular building and not prevalent behavior through out the 1.20 patch.