Give us something

In 2008 Moon said that work had begun on two new sc2 games, both were ww2.

Now one of those were sc2 pacific.

As it's been over a year can we get some update on the next game,

- is it ww2 world campaign as we all believe?

- what's the ETA?

- Any more interesrting additions? Moon said the new games should not be seen as a "mere expansion" but add so much new features to entitle them to be a completly new game.

Sure SC2 Pacific provided some new features. But I can't honestly say I think the improvement were that much bigger compared to what the "expansion" WaW was to sc2.

But anyhow can you give us something?

I also think you should really consider this:

- Hexes instead of tiles(tiles are just not ww2 on grand scale, works much better on divisional and regimental level, see Bill Runacre's Poland scenario for proof it is so)

- Automatic retreat for units on defence that got to much damage(but you need hexes to get this to work, tiles give to much directions)

- Research should not be random but you should get a fixed time to get stuff. Want tanks level 2? Well will take 10-12 months to achieve....

- Some more tank slots and infantry unit slots so you can customize your units much more. Maybe a special fort/coastal battery slot too so you dont need to use the rocket slot. A speical garrison unit would also be great. Oh and give people a cavalry slot too, thats needed. Would be an infantry unit(soft target) with some higher mobility. I think Hubert improved this area over the games with for example tactical bombers, just give us the ground units too that's needed to complete it.

- The ability to start a game with more units of a sort than is allowed in the hard build limit. So you can start a game with lots of a certain unit but just can rebuild a certain amount of them later.

- Diplomacy, with a world game you need to split up alliances, so for example USSR can be at peace with Japan and at war with Germany.

- Sea mines, so you can block ships in port.

- For the new game, update all the old scenarios for all games in the series and add them so people can get them all, probably bad business but good for consumers.

- The possibilty to give amount of MMP:s to a certain side in a script instead of have to give them a resource working.

- An overhaul of how cut off cities work must be looked into. As it stands now there is no point cutting of a city and enemy troops as they wont lose that much readiness. That makes it impossible to simulate ww2. As I said sc2 works on a smaller scale with space but not on a grand scale with cities close to each other.

Interesting ideas. I especially like the one about the cities. Kuni you are right on target there. I think there needs to be a severe reduction in readiness and supply, getting worse as time goes on, unless the city has been reconnected to a supply line. Otherwise there have to be limits on how long a city can continue to supply men and material.

Interesting ideas. I especially like the one about the cities. Kuni you are right on target there. I think there needs to be a severe reduction in readiness and supply, getting worse as time goes on, unless the city has been reconnected to a supply line. Otherwise there have to be limits on how long a city can continue to supply men and material.

what about the supply line where would it end and begin? For example, In HOI2 the main supply was connected from the capital to ports or dirctly to the armies. Or had to go by sea in which case there were depots.

One minor thing that bugs me is that majors like Germany and Soviet not have flags to show their units on the war map and non-moved units. Instead there are the iron cross and the red star, would be cool if they could have flags too. Like I did in the Nach Stalingrad scenario for sc pacific.

Yepper FD65 that logistical layer sure would make things more realistic and always good ideas from Kuni.....when he sticks to the game:p........or that wonderful tour of the Stalingrad battlefield...much appreciated Kuni!

Let's just think good thoughts for Hubert's healing process, I'm sure he won't disappoint us.

I know it's way too late to make any changes like this now in an under development title, but here's someone else who really hopes future SC games will drop the squares and iso-projection.

Call me a traditionalist, but as much as I love the SC2 Europe and Pacific games, I always feel like they look like a mod for Civ2. I'd love a future SC game to have a nice, crisp, clean look like the new Time of Wrath or the beta screens from Grigsbys new Russia game.

Anyway, good to hear there is something new coming down the pipe soon.

While the next few projects will still use the core SC2 engine all I can say at this point is "never say never" when it comes to an entirely new look and design for SC3 :)

Cool sc3 now oficially confirmed - fabulous news!

Hubert, concerning map-appearence I like the top down view and there is infact no reason why that should look boring. Units may be nato-symbols but if one like it's fully possible to make nice units icons. But I have some links to maps that I think is really nice:

First, this is from panzer-liga, a sc1 mod screenshot, note how simple but beautiful the shot at the bottom looks:

http://www.panzerliga.de/dt/docs/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2651

This is the game road to Moscow:

http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/11163/road-to-moscow/images/roadtomoscow1.html?page=mediaFull

This is Matrix forge of freedom(civil war game), take a look at the screenshot at the top second from the right

http://www.matrixgames.com/products/333/screenshots/Forge.of.Freedom:.The.American.Civil.War.1861-1865

Thanks for the links and a very nice mod for the original SC1 game indeed :)

Before I get into further trouble, perhaps I misspoke when I mentioned SC3 as there really is nothing on the table, officially anyways, for that right now.

It was more or less a logical assumption that once all the current SC2 projects wrap up and provided that things go according to plan, my goal would of course be to create an SC3 with ideally a new look and feel. Of course even if that is the case it would be at least a few years off... unfortunately!

Thanks for the links and a very nice mod for the original SC1 game indeed :)

Before I get into further trouble, perhaps I misspoke when I mentioned SC3 as there really is nothing on the table, officially anyways, for that right now.

wooohooo!!!!! Too late to take it back!!!

Of course even if that is the case it would be at least a few years off... unfortunately!

Hello? Can't hear yopu? You got something wrong with your computer? Hello? Hello? Can't see what you typed. Hello you there?