British Forces Addon request

Can you please see if you can do something with the sound file for the Challenger - you can definitely hear it looping when it's moving at a constant speed - very off putting and detracts from the immersion. The M1, by comparison, sounds smooth moving along at a regular speed - the Challenger does not.

Sorry if it's been discussed already.

Other than that - it was nice to see this run on my comp - can't wait. Nice to hear a wee Scottish voice when I was operating the Challenger.

Challenger sound gave everybody headaches. Go to Youtube and hunt down some videos of the thing in motion (without musical accompanyment). It really sounds like someone put marbles in a blender then fed the results to a protesting cat. It grinds and pops and whistles and wheezes - awful awful sounds. I think they purposefully backed off on the sound clip accuracy a bit to make it palatable, the 'annoying bits' are probably pure Challenger :D

is it possible to replace the existing Challenger sound with the Abrams sound file? I don't know about modding - so not sure if it's just a case of copying the Abrams file and replacing the Challenger one with it?

You might be able to but then you’d have a CR2 running on a jet turbine (which it certainly doesn’t).

Supposedly painful sound loop Vs totally wrong sound - your choice. :)

I could go with the wrong sound at the moment tbh - the looping is really winding me up. And bearing in mind I've never heard a Challenger 2 (was in the forces in the Chieftan days!), I'd be able to relax with the turbine effect.

Would love BF to source a good, proper Challenger 2 sound though :D

BillyR,

Here are the two loops from the Abrams named as Challenger2. Atenticon: Those ARE NOT the Challenger2 sounds, they are the original Abrams sounds remamed!

What you need to do is simply download this files and place them on the Z folder inside the Data folder in the root directory of Combat Mission:Shock Force.

Have fun!;)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zntwwkzm2zm/vehicle loop engine idle challenger2.wav

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zj535qinztv/vehicle loop move challenger2.wav

-