Gamers Gate--what are your experiences?

tooz

I pre-ordered East India Company with the benefit of getting the add-on "Pirates Cove" free. OK, so now the game is available for download but the download will not complete without a "Product Code". Uh, Gamer's Gate did not see fit to include this info. Therefore I cannot play a game I have paid for. I contacted "Click and Buy" by phone and had some female service rep in India hang up on me.

So, I have sent numerous emails to Gamers Gate customer service for a response....Nothing. Amazing.

Anyone else have similar experiences? Nothing worse than buying a game via download and not having the ability to complete the download.

I've had no problem with them after several purchases. Did they not send you an email with the code you need to activate the game? Also, you might want to check and see if they have a support department, not just the sales staff which is obviously outsourced. The support staff may be outsourced as well, but at least they should know of what you ask. And did you set up a My Games account on the Gamers Gate website? I think that is part of what needs to be done. BTW I just logged in and pre-ordered myself so I'm pretty sure its working fine.

"Did they not send you an email with the code you need to activate the game?" Nope.

"Also, you might want to check and see if they have a support department, not just the sales staff which is obviously outsourced. The support staff may be outsourced as well, but at least they should know of what you ask. And did you set up a My Games account on the Gamers Gate website?" Yep.

"And of course always worth checking that Junk email folder to see if the email has been dumped there without you realising it." Yep

"Also, i bought a bunch of games from GamersGate. Nothing wrong." So, did you receive confirmation emails with the code? i have received confirmation emails from "Click and Buy" and the game appears in "My Games--Download", but once again it asks for a code which I do not have.

Frustrating for sure.

I pre-ordered East India Company with the benefit of getting the add-on "Pirates Cove" free. OK, so now the game is available for download but the download will not complete without a "Product Code". Uh, Gamer's Gate did not see fit to include this info. Therefore I cannot play a game I have paid for. I contacted "Click and Buy" by phone and had some female service rep in India hang up on me.

So, I have sent numerous emails to Gamers Gate customer service for a response....Nothing. Amazing.

Anyone else have similar experiences? Nothing worse than buying a game via download and not having the ability to complete the download.

Dude, the game's not out yet. I expect they will send you the code on Friday when the game is officially released. :) I have also pre-ordered by GamersGate, and I've had only good experiences with them.

EDIT FOR CLARIFICATION: The game's original release date was the 28th, but they changed it to the 31st. I expect that GamersGate already has the full version, which is what we downloaded (I also did what you did, but then double-checked and realized why we didn't get a product code), but the publisher has to prevent them from handing out codes until the official release date.

You've probably already check this but Gamersgate games that have serial codes to install (I assume this is your problem, no install key) have it written on the Gamersgate site. You log on to Gamersgate, go to the My games page and it's written next to the box shot under its name.

"Dude, the game's not out yet. I expect they will send you the code on Friday when the game is officially released. I have also pre-ordered by GamersGate, and I've had only good experiences with them.

EDIT FOR CLARIFICATION: The game's original release date was the 28th, but they changed it to the 31st. I expect that GamersGate already has the full version, which is what we downloaded (I also did what you did, but then double-checked and realized why we didn't get a product code), but the publisher has to prevent them from handing out codes until the official release date."--Field Marshal Blücher CMSF Beta Tester

Thanks, I got that message--today (the 29th). Man, I have very little luck with pre-orders. I had problems with ToW (would not complete dowload); Empire Total War--I received a message telling me the game was out of stock (how can a pre-ordered game be out of stock? I thought that pre-ordering meant you had first crack at the game); now this. Oh well, I'll wait until Friday then. Thanks guys for the help.

Game downloaded just fine. I also picked up "Pirates Cove" (an add-on to EIC) for free as a pre-order bonus.

MeatEtr: I will close this thread and then start up another with thoughts on EIC. It looks good, and it definitely is different from my otehr games.