Floating Icons

oh, yea! i was allready waithing for this. i cant live without those anymore. in the demo i felt like plaing a RTS when looking a the "new" old icons :D

one thing i allways disliked, and its especially noticable with this icons. the geometric form(dunno what it is called in english) of the red unit icons sports less "room" then the round ones and so, are in average smaler adn a bit harder to see.

is the different form hardcoded or just a BMP? means can one have "red" + "round" icons wich show the information at the same size then the blue icons? the gross difference of red and blue should be more then enough to still tell em apart :D

after some playing i want to say the icons are great, much more crispy if i can put it like that :D i like it a lot :)

but i found a bug it seems; you simply forgott to include the granadelauncher icons wich where in the previouse version. in this version now i saw blue granadelaunchers with the "standard" icon as there is no other it seems. this is possibly true for red too, didnt looked it up after i saw it on blue side.

hope you can update this ;)

Angryson,

Great stuff.

Notice that the UK has exclusive icons, even when the image is basically the same like a mortar for instance.

This means you could add something to the icons to differentiate them from the US. A little dot or something. This way it would be easy to see were is the US and were is the UK forces.

Just an idea! ;)

-

Can I suggest that, rather than modifying the icons, using shades of colour (light and dark blue?)? Alternately, someone added flags to the floating icons - having wee UK, US, or Syrian flags (and eventually German, Canoodlian, and Dutch) at the bottom would be quite handsome.

I changed the INF icon to represent a generic "rifle/automatic weapon" symbol in order to better represent the FBCB2. I also noticed that the circle with the x in it is actually a marker for a "coordination point", according to FM 1-07 Operational Terms and Symbols. The original INF X symbols are still in the mad folder, you would just have to rename them. I probably should have put all of this in a "read me" lol.

I changed the INF icon to represent a generic "rifle/automatic weapon" symbol in order to better represent the FBCB2. I also noticed that the circle with the x in it is actually a marker for a "coordination point", according to FM 1-07 Operational Terms and Symbols. The original INF X symbols are still in the mad folder, you would just have to rename them. I probably should have put all of this in a "read me" lol.

I'm actually looking at doing something similar...I just finished nearly 2 years as an S-3 NCO, so I've got operational terms & graphics on the brain. :P How do you mod the symbols like that?

• 5 months later...