What we would like to see in the Editor

In the spirit of the "What we would like to see in the Global SC" thread I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread solely for the editor.

I'll get the ball rolling with:

When setting a tile's weather, all tiles with the same weather should highlight. This should be in addition to the different colors used to identify weather zones.

I noticed that the colors repeat, for example 3 and 23 are the same color. If the tiles were highlighted then the job of editing the weather zones would be much easier.

Good topic.

Speaking of the Editor’s weather. I’d like an easier way to edit the contents in the various tables ( I am using the word “tables” without the benefit of actually knowing if there are tables as such – like SQL or Oracle).

The current problem is that if you are starting a new mod, vise a “saved-as” one, you have to enter each weather zone manually. The solution would be an interface, say similar Excel file or a file with delimiters, which allows me to enter data in the interface file and import/save/upload to the desired editor part. I could also be used for units. I’d like to have a file with, say, all German infantry Divisions; and be able to share and edit it repeatedly. I would not have to, each time a new mod is created (from scratch) type in the units identifications.

I am sure there are other applications for this type of editing.

Robert

It might be helpful when creating a new map to be able to click on the river, road, or railroad button, then click on a tile, click on another tile and have the game connect the two points with the appropriate symbol...river, road, or railroad. This would be in addition to placing them individually.

I would like the ability to shift any area on the map any X or any Y.

In my game I think there are some areas I could increase in size or distance from one another. But the shift is for the whole map not a section. Like I was debating changing how I did the USA and placing it elsewhere but I cant without affecting a whole lattitude.