Loading new ModPack

markh

Hi Guys

I have just downloaded the new ModPack zipped files. Having done so - I have simply extracted theses zipped files to the "Program Files\Battlefront\Theatre of War" directory on my hard drive. In some cases, the zipped files have created their own new sub-folder- e.g. "Models", and in other cases they appear to have downloaded into existing folders - e.g. "Maps".

Having done so, I have gone into TOW Mission -Campaign Editor in order to create a mission using the new materials - e.g. models and maps. However, I cannot find them - e.g. the Arnhem map, the armoured train, Pershing M26 tank etc ...

What am I doing wrong?

Also, am I to understand that there are also Romanian and Italian units/models?

Regards

You should have extracted the files of the Modpack to a temporary directory, not directly inside ToW main folder, for fear of creating a big mess.

The files inside the Modpack are not working "as is". We need to make configuration files for them first if they're to work in game. For example, all the buildings and static objects needs to be added to the static.ini file in the folder data/settings.

As for the maps, if you check the folders of the new maps, you'll find only the texture for the ground (Maintex.tga and Farmaintex.tga) and the grayscale RAW bitmaps for the elevation maps. To start to work with theses maps, you'll need to copy some files from one of the "clear_season_map" to the new map you want to mod (all the files inside the clear map missing from the map you want to mod, except the QuickLoad textures). Don't overwrite the Maintex.tga, Farmaintex.tga, nearHF.raw and farHF.raw of the new map, though, or you'll loose the ground textures and the map will become flat. Once this is done, you can start to add buidings, trees, roads, etc.

The Romanian, italians and hungarian units are also only the 3D models. They need configuration files like the ones for the germans, french, british and american units to work in ToW.

I hope this helps a little, and that it will start you creating new maps for ToW.

Regards,

-Knokke

• 2 months later...

there should be folders with names like clear_summer_map, clear_winter_map inside your maps directory. Theses are the starting point for adding new maps to the game. Simply pick the spring_clear_map and copy the content to your own map folder (if your battle is happening duriing the spring season - if the time of year for your map was autumn, you'll need the use the clare_autumn_map files instead)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have downloaded the new ModPack zipped files and follow the instruction to make configuration.

For the maps is OK.

For the buildings and statics files and folders I don't find the folder data/settings (and the file static.ini) in the main directory of the ToW game.

I need your help to find this folder and file.

Thank for any help.

Regards

The files inside the Modpack are not working "as is". We need to make configuration files for them first if they're to work in game. For example, all the buildings and static objects needs to be added to the static.ini file in the folder data/settings.

As for the maps, if you check the folders of the new maps, you'll find only the texture for the

per Knokke.

Unless you really have experience working with these files I would forget it. Knokke and them have a really good grasp on the in game files and could not get the items you ask about working. It is a shame but I would just forget it until one of those guys figures it out.