The only way to do COOP now is to play WeGo and hotseat for each player. Not the best work around, but it is possible.

True COOP (what we call CoPlay) is a long ways away, unfortunately. The networking bit is the easy part... it's all the rest of it that's tough. The game is inherently set up to handle support for it (because we planned it that way ;)), but the support itself is a huge amount of work.

Steve

• 1 month later...

Old School War Games were "I go - you go": means, 'I' (player one) make(s) my turn 'rolling the dice' and the result is instantly fact and the you (player two) make the same - and so on. It's the ancient method - think chess.

Combat Mission's 'WeGo' means I make my decisions and tell it the 'gamemaster' (CM-engine) and you (or AI - the 'computer brain' [which is 'schizophren' and has a 'cutted personality' by the way]) makes the same.

Then the 'gamemaster' rolls the dices for us both, and 'we go' together watching the 1-Minute result.

HotSeat means two humans play 'WeGo' before the same Computer.

But only one player sits only on the seat before the screen at the same time (would be pointless to watch your opponent plotting his moves . So with time the 'seat goes hot' because of the switching.

Two player can play Coop ("cooperative" = managing the same side) in playing HotSeat against the AI.

punt!

My friend and I used to play coop (two players as same civilization) on the RTS game Age of Empires II against AI and/or humans around 10 years ago. It was quite fun and made the game much easier for our civ. This method of play allowed us to beat much better human players due to reducing the twitch level needed to fight battles, move units, collect resources. very fun indeed!

:)