Clear map

Tartari

I just created a blank map using SRTM data of the area around Longstop Hill in Tunisia. Still have a few issues to work out with the scaling of elevation lines but it did work. So....I'll keep everyone updated.

Oudy

correction, i re-installed the map again and it works great. i just ran german vs british 10 vs 10 tank battle.

tartari: can you make a large city map.

I don't think it is a good idea since we don't have such buildings in the stock statics. But i'm still making the town of Medjez, i'll release it in a beta state soon!

I just created a blank map using SRTM data of the area around Longstop Hill in Tunisia. Still have a few issues to work out with the scaling of elevation lines but it did work. So....I'll keep everyone updated.

Oudy

i already do it for my maps!

wow dude beautiful map. can vehicles and infantry access the top the of the hills??

yes, currently they can, depending on the slope! But I think that for the vehicules, it seems unrealistic, because we have to take into consideration not only the slope climbing capacity of the vehicules but also the nature of the ground (i remember that only the Churchill was able to climb tunisian hills). Fortunately, with the new editor we can manually edit the accessible zones but it would have been better if we would have been able to edit acessibles zones only to infantry.

cool, thx. i realize many of the single user maps are rather large but the playable area is very limiting. would be great expanding the stomping grounds of those maps to the far edges.

it is possible to extend the playable area, but it is not advisable to expand it to the far edges of the map: it is my experience that the map has a tendency to close to desktop a bit randomly if we extend the playable area to the maximal limit.

it is possible to extend the playable area, but it is not advisable to expand it to the far edges of the map: it is my experience that the map has a tendency to close to desktop a bit randomly if we extend the playable area to the maximal limit.

strange, I always put the maximal playable size to my maps and never experienced CTD...

mmm... Strange. On my map, I regularly experienced a CTD one or two minutes after starting the mission, until I reduced slightly the size of the playable area. It might be because I had AI units positionned near the edges of the map, though

Tartari,

What is the best utility to convert DEM to RAW 16bits? most of the apps I can find can handle only 8bits RAW pictures...

I suppose DEM=STRM,

with free programms: 3DEM/L3DT/PHOTOSHOP (hm.... photoshop is not free!)

I'm writing in english a map-making tutorial with the help of Oudy, I can send you the draft if you want.