CM Normandy map editor plans?

Are there any plans for the map editor in CM:Normandy, especially the way of drawing roads etc? The CM2 system for this is a real step backwards compared to CM1. If the new system has any opportunities, I can't see them. Maybe somone can explain it to me.

The system for drawing roads in CMx2 is nearly the same as CMx1, so I don't agree it's a step backwards. It's just not a step forward since what we all would rather have is the ability to drag the cursor around and have the road assemble itself. That sort of thing involves a considerable amount of programming time, so it is an extremely low priority.

Overall the CMx1 Editor was "easier" to use because it has only a fraction of the options that CMx2's Editor offers. Kinda like a normal pocket calculator is easier to use than one of those $300 scientific ones simply because it's more simplistic.

As for the UI, it's not only designed for you guys it's also designed for us on the development end. Since CMx2 is an open ended system we built an open ended UI so we can easily add and subtract features without upsetting everything that was already in there. The old CMx1 UI was a hardcoded mess which made adding or subtracting game features and terrain extremely difficult. Difficult is never a good thing for either us or you guys :D

In a perfect world we'd have the resources which would allow us to make the Editor easier to use. However, we don't so like CMx1 the CMx2 Editor will continue to be functional with slight improvements over time.

Steve

Have I said I want the CM1 editor back? I don't think so. I just was talking about drawing roads. Drawing roads in CM1 was easier. Something really strange when doing this in CM2 are kinda 'edges' in some situation. Each time when I encounter this I think: god damn - which part which angle does it want from me??