Time limit

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cabral23,

It does impact the conversation. 8 months ago people were asking for no time limit. They wanted things like operations for CMSF, which has repeatablly said would NOT be done. You also ignored the fact that Steve agreed with me after the post.

Second, ask anyone who has been there. The topic was discussed in depth with people serving in Iraq about this very topic, and they thought it was an issue. Read the book Thunder Run, one of the bravest acts I have read is supply trucks filled with ammo making a run to resupply a unit, being fired upon almost the entire trip.

Now read what Steve wrote, he may code an extend time, but it will NOT change the scenario results. If the results ended at 4 hours, and you play 6, too bad, the results are based on 4 hours. So guess what, it wasn't easy to code a full unlimited time with scenario results changing. THAT is what was asked and what I said could not be done.

Yeah the sig went to my head [rolls eyes]. Steve has already said there are bug fixes only on CMSF that coding changes will have to wait. So, given that coding is directed at CM:N, bug fixes only for CMSF at this point [with maybe a couple surprises], expecting a code change because maybe it will impact in 2 years is not realistic. Code for CM:N and hope those changes get implemented into CMSF2. [And I totally expect they will, since the climate will be both temperate and other simularities].

Now if you will excuse me, I have to go play matrix-style with Mikey's game. :)

Rune

it's war not a vacation.

That has to be one of my all time favorite quotes!

I agree, but sometimes battles take days. Limiting EVERYTHING to 2 hours limited the game just a bit. That's why they gave the option of 4 hrs. The key word is "option". Some scenarios need intense time limits, while some scenarios feature large maps, ferocious battles, and half a dozen objectives! Real life day to day operations aren't always blitzkriegs. Slogs and quagmires are just another part of war. The Brits in Helmand are a good example of patience and tactics used to maximum effect.

Edit: I've never actually made it to 4 hours, that's how I know it's enough! ;)