No MRAP for the Marines?

I ordered the Marines expansion automatically, while waiting, I decided to check and see what all I was getting. I noticed they do not list the MRAP. Wonder why?:confused: They paint these puppies the next town over and they seem to be moving lots and lots of them, so I believe they would be around in the future.

Perhaps they felt they are not front line equipment and really for for occupation forces? Any thoughts or reasons why not included?

Never heard of the MTVR, before this, but checked it out...and I thought the MRAP was ugly. I also found the Cougar, never seen that before either.

Anyway 10,000 MRAPs seems like a lot of them - Just thought they would make a showing. http://www.army.mil/-news/2009/02/22/17268-10000th-mrap-fielded-in-iraq/

Sounds like they are working on a Baby-MRAP that's more mobile for the afghanistan conflict.

As has already been figured out, the MRAP crossed that thin line between something relevant for the CM setting and not. It's definitely designed to be a "patrol" vehicle and not something for frontline use during the conventional phase of a war. As MikeyD pointed out, the utility of these expensive vehicles is not going unquestioned. Especially in an era of tight budgets.

Steve

... It's definitely designed to be a "patrol" vehicle ...

Steve

lol, go on a patrol in one and then let's talk about it's design. They suck. :)

To be honest, I am glad they are not in the game, I would feel bad watching my pixel truppen bounce around in them.

Never heard of the MTVR

I've noticed that if there's a cheap way of doing something and an expensive way of doing something the expensive way is going to get the media exposure. Nobody ever made a career for himself in the Pentagon shepherding cheap easy programs through the military-industrial bureaucracy. ;)