Any suggestions on which "Battles" for a rookie?

As I mentioned in another thread, I want to knock out some of the battles before I tackle the Campaign. I chose ATGM Ambush as my first due to the small size of my force. Any suggestions on what I should try next to learn the ropes or should I be messing around in the QuickBattles? What did some of you Vets start with? Any suggestions would be just swell. ;)

Webwing's "To Find a Ghost" campaign is well worth a shot. Don't be put off by it being a campaign - just use the first few scenarios for training if you must. It's infantry only (from the US side) and so gives a pretty good feel for how to use infantry in the game, and the scenarios are fairly small so you don't get overwhelmed.

Trident valley is dead easy (US heavy mech company vs Syrian mech company - US side has about twice as many men and vehicles, and the Bradleys chew up everything in their path anyway) but is a forgiving way to learn how to use infantry with AFVs. If you want to make life a little harder, go in to the editor and make the US force a Stryker mounted company instead. If you want to make it much, much harder, try it from the Syrian side. Bonus points if you take out two or more Bradleys :)

Al Huqf is a fairly simple, small scenario for the joys of MOUT (if I remember correctly), as is Small Town ME Redux (from the repository).

I seem to remember enjoying "Cry Havoc" a lot too as a combined arms whirl.

The first campaign mission is pretty easy too, and eases you in to combined arms.

QBs are erratic in my experience. There are plenty of good user-made scenarios around that are more worthwhile.

I had a hard time separating my original game scenarios from 3rd party scenarios, but "Al Amarah" seemed to get played multiple times. You've got some maneuvering to do, some deploying, some artillery strikes to call in, some decisions to make about what tactics to use, some house-to-house fighting. Its not 'easy' but playing easy scenarios wouldn't be much of a learning experience, would it? :D

where do i find "To Find a Ghost" assuming it is for the original CMSF, and an other campaigns for cmsf as well? all i found in the repository is scenarios... "files that end in "btt" instead of "cam"

Not checked if it has been put in the repository yet. But it might not be as a campaign file anyway; the original download from CMMODS was a zip, since it comes along with a pdf of documents and maps to add a bit of background and atmosphere. So it may well be in as a .zip file in the repository (and I don't know which bit you'd have to look in to find it).

I like "On the Edge", a great recon scenario. Teaches you the basics of vehicle-based recon with light to moderate enemy contact. Lot's of fun. "Clear and Present Danger" is a fun infantry based, jungle scenario that is pretty easy, yet entertaining. FISH is a fun one for really huge infantry battle. Good for learning how to control multiple platoons. I have played this one over 10 times and I still am not bored. Great PBEM scenario as well. Hopefully they should all be in the repository.

where do i find "To Find a Ghost" assuming it is for the original CMSF, and an other campaigns for cmsf as well? all i found in the repository is scenarios... "files that end in "btt" instead of "cam"

Not been able to find it in the repository, so I've uploaded my zip file of it into the base game campaigns section (IN_SEARCH_OF_A_GHOST.ZIP)