What's the rame rate for the effects animation.?

Hello everyone,

First of all, I'd like to say that few weeks ago I purchased CMSF with the Marines module and I have to say that I enjoy this game a lot.

It's a great and very entertaining game, the quality which is very rare for modern games.

Well, now to the point. I'd like to ask what frame rate is used for the in-game effects animation so I can play a bit with the appearance of some effects like explosion, smoke and fire.?

And another question - what data is stored in the .mdr files and is there any way to extact and store it back.?

Thank you in advance.

Paul.

I'm no expert at all this computer stuff but the way the thing is put together is that there is very little that you can tinker around with - skins and sound files are doable but not much more than that is my understanding of the situation. Battlefront keep the code for this game very close hold.

The case is that actually I don't have to deal with the code at all (and I really have no idea about the code as I'm not a programmer whatsoever).

For effects animation mainly is used a sequence of images and those are the same textures you can paint/render and replace.

I already made new bilboard textures for the smoke and dust. I think they look pretty solid and I'll upload the mod in the nearest future.

What I'd like to tweak more is the explosion and muzzle fire.

Anyways, thank you for your reply.

I believe you can only make mods from the bmp files in my experience at least.

Well there are mods for smoke, flames, tracers, muzzle flashes etc already. You can't change the actual model animations, but texture animations are moddable. (And explosions are done as texture animations, so you should be able to mod them. No idea on any of the technical details though).

Well there are mods for smoke, flames, tracers, muzzle flashes etc already. You can't change the actual model animations, but texture animations are moddable. (And explosions are done as texture animations, so you should be able to mod them. No idea on any of the technical details though).

That's exactly why I was asking about the frame rate..

There's 39 frames of the flames animation loop but it's unknown how long these 39 frames supposed to play.. 30 frames per second.? 24.? 15 or even 12.?

Sure one can make a mod without this information but knowing the frame rate would help a lot..