AppleMac PBEMs

This might well be the most stupid question ever, but I take it that if I have a normal PC and someone else has an Apple Mac, we can't PBEM as the systems aren't compatible. Is that correct?

And yes, I know I am completely technologically challenged, before you howl me down too much! Would appreciate confirmation though.

Thanks in advance

Actually, to be a bit more accurate, you shouldn't have any trouble with TCP/IP games.

PBEM has the potential for some incompatibilities, because sometimes Mac and PC mail sending programs don't understand the encoding the other one uses for transmitting files. In other words, there may be something in the way particular EMail programs send the PBEM files that makes them not be recognized.

Best bet is to just try it, and if there is a problem recognizing files, ask here again.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd be nice and not add a new topic and instead bump this one.

I've been happily pbem'ing between my mac and pc's for a while.

However I have noticed that occasionaly with no seeming pattern the pbem's some people I play against send me appear as the plain text in the subject of the email and some as the file. It doesn't really create a problem as I simply save the text in simple text and away I go.

Was just wondering whether anyone had an idea about the cause of this.

thanks

Will