A little trivia question for you WWII history buffs. If Hitler's Reich was still here today, and Hitler was dead, who do you think would be the fuehrer? BTW Hitler would never have kids, because he knew he wasn't a purebred Aryan, and he also thought that he might be Jewish, so of course he wouldn't want that to get passed on.

well, not so much a trivia question as a hypothetical one. truthfully i have no idea, but it would be a far different world for sure. just as american history would've been much different if the confederacy had won the civil war. anyway, unless some neo nazi invents a time machine and changes the outcome of ww2, thankfully we don't have to deal with the question of how the world would be if the 3rd reich was still around. lol...

Zukkov, I think you nailed it. I mean there are just some many things that could drastically altered the fate of the world, over the course of a few thousand years. BTW I heard that once on the battlefields of WWI a bullet missed Hitler by about 6 inches and got his best friend instead. Well what if that bullet went 6 inches to the right and killed Hitler instead? Or what if Germany won the first WWI? There is definitely a delicate recipe out there which determines what the world looks like, change one ingredient and everything changes drastically.

actually things might have been worse if hitler had been killed. yes, i said worse! instead of the nazi rise to power via hitler, they may have simply been a submersive movement inside germany and other countries, keeping them weak. meanwhile stalin would be gearing up the soviet empire for european domination. either way, i think ww2 was going to happen. of course this scenario sounds alot like the game red alert. lol...

You do realize that, because of this one man (Hitler) an estimated 50 million men died, and nations followed him until they were utterly devastated and totally defeated. I'm not sure if things could have been worse without him, but I would agree that with or without Hitler Europe wouldn't have been a very peaceful place, it never really has been. There always seems to be some war going on over there in Europe.

• 3 weeks later...

If you want to look at what its, and the Third Riech still here today then I think we could start at one of the biggest decision points in the war.

Summer 1942 attack in Russia.. specficly the attack on Stalingrad.

What if Hitler had not taken direct command of the war in the east. That the attack that summer stayed as planed and Armys (6th and 4th pz) had not been mixed up, that 'taking' Stalingrad would have been done the army way.. after 1-2 weeks and control of the high ground west of the city where artilery could close the river (done in early sept I think).

Offen its stated here that the axis could not have won the war. But if at this point (and Midway in the PT) some better decisons had been made the end result could have been greatly different.

One result of the above possablitly would be the 6th army parked on the western edge of the city and fresh to block any counter attack from the east or south. The 4th Pz could have spilled south on along the rivers edge and physicaly cut the Caucass (sp) from the main body of Russia. The winter of 42/43 would see the Germany army (and allies) sitting behind a huge river from the sea in the south to just short of Moscow, unit could mop up the area in the south were the local might have welcomed the 'liberators' from soviet oppression (unlikely, look at the Ukraine). The battle field would have look greatly different in 1943 - enough for a axis victory in WW2 and Hitlers Germany surviving till today?

Iron Ranger:

I thinkt this decision was allready beyond the Zenith of the 3 Reich, on this time

Germany was allready on a steady descending.

I think the absolute Zenith in Axis Force ( for Germany ) was about in May 1941 when as well Turkey as Iraq showed clear tendences towards Axis.

All possibilities where destroyed by June 41, As Axis DOW on URSS...

the only way of maintaining Equalty to Allies would have been with Joining ALL Dictators ( RUS, JAP, GER, IT, SPAIN, South America..) most of all the Axis GERMANY-RUSSIA-JAPANESE.

what are the odds that so many megalomaniacs would be in charge of powerful nations at the same time in history? fortunately, megalomaniacs don't make good allies in the long run. as in the movie outlander, there can be only one... lol

You know Scott this is just what I want SC global to evolve into, a 'what if', a tool for experimentation with a laboratory environment under the constraints of plausible World War Two parameters.

With those tools we can examine exactly the question you are asking, generally speaking and ....many others,.....ain't it beautiful?:)

What needs to be for SC global is the ability for multiple human commanders.Then you would REALLY see what it was like.Can you imagine the arguing.It would be a blast,

considering some of the more,how shall I put this, colorfull personalites in this group.