Warning....

G B Scurlock

Not criticising...Just giving folks an idea of what machines run this game and which won't. The game will not run on mine at all which is:

Pentium 4 3.2 megs

2 gigs RAM

ATI Radion Pro 9800 - 128meg

My machine is 4 to 5 years old now. If yours is this spec or less this game will cost you about $1500 to enjoy. No matter I still have some great games I can play.

There is no need to post a warning as the Minimum and Suggested Specs are clearly stated for the game and demo. In your case, you just need to update your video card to something better. If your motherbaord is still AGP only, you could squeak by with something like a x850 but you will really need a decent PCI-E type card.

Here are the specs:

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS (demo and full game):

Minimum system requirements:

Windows XP/ Vista

Intel Pentium IV 3.0 Ghz

1 Gb System RAM

Video card: nVidia GeForce 6600 or ATI Radeon X800

1.5 Gb of HDD space (full game will require approx. 3.5 Gb)

DirectX 9.0 compatible sound card

DirectX 9.0c

DVD-ROM

Keyboard

Mouse

Recommended system requirements:

Windows XP/ Vista

Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon64 X2

2 Gb SYstem RAM

Video card: nVidia GeForce 8800 or ATI Radeon HD 3850

1.5 Gb of HDD space (full game will require approx. 3.5 Gb)

SoundBlaster Audidgy 2 sound card

DirectX 9.0c

DVD-ROM

Keyboard

Mouse

you could probably buy a 7800 gs with 512 mb ddr3 for a few bucks. That'll help you through. Speaking for myself, I have had a comparable setup as you since 8 years (1 cpu switch & 2 gpu switches). However recently I decided my setup was garbage and oldish: ddr1 memory is expensive, socket is too old and agp is seriously outdated. GET YOURSELF A MACHINE FOR THE FUTURE!

$1500 will get you through the next 5 years

Core i7 920

6gb ddr3

GTX 285/4870x2

nice mobo, psu & box

24" screen

its worth the money.

I know and i have worked hard for it.

EnjoY!

Not criticising...Just giving folks an idea of what machines run this game and which won't. The game will not run on mine at all which is:

Pentium 4 3.2 megs

2 gigs RAM

ATI Radion Pro 9800 - 128meg

My machine is 4 to 5 years old now. If yours is this spec or less this game will cost you about $1500 to enjoy. No matter I still have some great games I can play.

That's what, a $12 graphics card by now?

You can't be serious.

An ATI 3850HD comes in AGP format and is the last and fastest of the AGP cards

I still have a Pentium 4 3.2ghtz machine with a 7900GT 512megs ram and I can run most recent games just fine

Thanks for completing me on the topic, the last time i checked (1-2 year ago) the 7800gs was the fastest. After that I would never consider any gpu upgrade anymore for my agp rig. I doubt if a p4 can handle a 3850hd fully? 7900gt seems like a nice agp card.

ps, got myself an ati for the first time: 4870x2 and very satisfied :)

What exactly is the best card out today...in the ATI and the Invidia lines? Thanks.

Buying the new video AGP card will make you able to run the game, but performance will be non-satisfactory anyway because of old CPU. Also keep in mind that AGP cards prices are considerably higher than same model cards which use PCI-E (modern cards need special chips to be compatible with AGP bus).

So i would suggest building a new PC. This way you won't pay money for in fact higher cost DDR1 memory or AGP video card while perfomance would be limited by CPU anyway.

Oh sorry, just checked the XFX site and their Geforce 7950 GT (AGP) requires 350W!

BTW, I've been playing with a Gainward Bliss 7900 GS with a 300W power supply for ages, while the official minimum was 400W.

If your PC is not full of stuff it will run nice with a 300W and a late 7x Series card.

Yeah but you will need a new power supply for a new video card for the special plugs they require for power. Most of them require 2 power connections

My Gainward 7800GS++ (7900GT) does.

I used a 380w PSU on it for a while, using an adaptor to get the required plugs, but I could no longer overclock my system as high as I used to and then the socket that connects to the mainboard eventually melted :)

replaced the mainbaord with a 2nd hand unit from ebay and board a Corsair HX-620 600w PSU. Awesome power supply, and near silent. Gave me all the extra plugs and connections I needed along with a modular design so you can unhook any plugs you don't need