Strategy First Version and 1.09 patch

I'm assuming that the Strategy First version of SC2 will not work with the new v1.09 patch that was released. Are there plans to provide a patch for their version?

One thing I regret is buying SC2 from SF, as I've read that none of the expansions will work with it. Does Battlefront have any sort of promotion/process to convert the Strategy First version over to a legit license of the Battlefront version of SC2? I really don't want to buy a full version of the game again in order to get any of the expansions.

• 1 month later...

Going on 2 months and still no patch from Strategy First. I really doubt they are ever going to release the patch. So, there's nothing that can be done but wait on them?

Is there not a way to update their version manually using the BF patch files?

I guess it goes without saying that I'm a little disappointed. The patch looks like it adds a lot of value to the game. It's a shame that the reputation that Strategy Fist is creating for you guys is a negative one.

The version of the game that I bought from them has Battlefront all over it, but I have to go through them for support even though you publish the same exact game. And, they don't seem to take your game seriously. They've already posted the patch for Space Empires V that was released by it's developer just 2 days ago.

I already own a few more of your products. Also, I've shown interest in your expansions for SC2. This means potential income for Battlefront. I'd gladly buy one of your expansions if I could use it with my copy of SC2. But, I can't. So, I see my other option as taking my war gaming money elsewhere.

Had I known, I probably would have bought it straight from BF. Strategy First at one time was a pretty decent company. I've bought quite a few games from them - SC2, Dangerous Waters, Disciples 2, Cuban Missile Crisis, and others.

I bought SC2 from Strategy First quite a while ago. I've since bought CMSF at retail and Marines directly from BF. Now I know more about Battlefront.

Not sure I see where having purchased through Strategy First is odd. They offered a game that looked interesting to me, so I bought it. As a result, I now know about Battlefront.

Does Battlefront have any sort of promotion/process to convert the Strategy First version over to a legit license of the Battlefront version of SC2?

While we do not have a promo or process as such, feel free to submit a request at www.battlefront.com/helpdesk. I'm sure we can get you a coupon for a reduced price purchase of the original base game.

Strategy First at one time was a pretty decent company. I've bought quite a few games from them - SC2, Dangerous Waters, Disciples 2, Cuban Missile Crisis, and others.

Two of these are Battlefront original games, SC2 and Dangerous waters :)

Thanks, Moon. Ticket submitted.

Oh, and after looking through my war games, add T-72 to the list of BF games that I have here. :) I picked it up during the big SF sale that Steam was having a few weeks back.