Where to post issues?

Disclaimer: I'm a casual gamer.

Where should I post what I consider to be in-game tactical/AI/accuracy issues? Is there a list somewhere to check against?

Today in Pooh (my litmus test for frustrating gameplay):

1. I command my "hidden" anti-tank team to target a BMP-3 (or whatever, hey I'm casual, remember?). While the LAW guy gets ready, the other guy gets his rifle out and starts plinking away - giving up their position. 2-5 seconds later they're dead.

2. I completely destroyed a bunker. It was on fire and it had the red circle under it. BUT there were still 2 Syrians inside working the machine gun.

3. 2 hellfires intended for tanks were launched into a hillside and another 1-2 into the side of a building. These are laser-guided munitions, right? There was no smoke and conditions were daylight and clear (it was Pooh).

This would be the place.

1. I agree. The point of being able to choose how many of what fires where has been talked about a lot here.

2. ? I have seen buildings go down just to have guys still fighting from the rubble. It's possible, but unlikely imo.

3. Another thing I have to agree with. The hellfires seem to take a very shallow approach, leading to a lot of blown up trees. All of us have seen countless videos of hellfires and they tend to take more of a top down flight path than coming in level. BFC should consider making the flight path of hellfires a little more like that of the javelins in top down attack mode.

BUT... for a casual battlefield commander you're playing the most realistic game of this type available.

I agree with 1 & 2.

From Wiki: The AGM-114L, or Longbow Hellfire, is a fire-and-forget weapon: equipped with a millimeter wave (MMW) radar seeker, it requires no further guidance after launch and can hit its target without the launcher being in line of sight of the target. It also provides capability in adverse weather and battlefield obscurants.

Since being fielded, Hellfire missiles have proven their effectiveness in combat in Operation Just Cause in Panama, Operation Desert Storm, Operation Allied Force in Kosovo, Operation Enduring Freedom in Afghanistan, and most recently, Operation Iraqi Freedom—where they have been fired successfully from Apache and Cobra attack helicopters, Kiowa scout helicopters, and Predator unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs). The Israeli Defence Forces have used them extensively against Palestinian targets.

Between 2001 and 2007, the U.S. has fired over 6,000 Hellfires in combat. The US military has found the missile effective in urban areas as the relatively small warhead reduces the risk of civilian casualties. The laser guidance allows a skilled operator to put a missile through the window of a building.

In 2008 the usage of the AGM-114N variant caused controversy in the United Kingdom when it was found out that these thermobaric munitions were added to the Royal Air Force (RAF) arsenal in secrecy. Thermobaric weapons have been condemned as "brutal" by human rights groups. The British Ministry of Defence circumvents this by calling the AGM-114N an "enhanced blast weapon".

It seems there are laser-guided and radar-guided variants. Either way, it sounds like they are self-designating munitions, meaning it shouldn't matter what type of unit requested the attack. As long as accurate coordinates are given and the helo is 'talked-on' to the right area, all should be well. And in the case of CCM, the target is being pointed/clicked.

I wonder if perhaps the sim is taking a look at the requesting unit's CAS/CFF ability?

dischord,

For what it's worth, in my opinion, this game is THE single best modern warfare simulation game.

It's the "simulation" part which can cause difficulties. The level of nuanced detail is unbelievable. It takes effort from the player to try to grasp some of these details. There is no simplistic shooter twitch play here. Put in the effort and you will be rewarded. Nothing else out there can touch this game. Post here, read the manual, use google (or your favorite search engine).

Welcome.

Ken