Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CM and wifi routers

Does your router have a built-in firewall (most do) ? You'll probably need to go to the configuration webpage for your router's firewall setup and open up TCP Port 7023 (incoming and outgoing). Usually ports above 1024 may be closed with the exception of some common games and applications that use some known ports. If you're using DHCP you may have to open Port 7023 for the entire range (assuming that you're using some form of 192.168.x.x).

Alright, for my case, here is the solution I found (for a Netgear WGT624 router)

First, go to the server's adress (for instance http://192.168.0.1)

Then, in advanced settings click on Port Forwarding/Triggering. Open port 7023 in both forwarding and triggering options, for TCP mode.

After that, I suggest you to reboot your computer

Last, but not least, try this adress http://redwolf.dyndns.org/whatismyrealip/whatisyourip.cgi

It will give the TRUE requested IP for your opponent to join your computer. Moreover there is a link just above to see if your port 7023 is open. This IP adress is very important !!!

(btw I think it was your tip redwolf)

Ta-da !!! Work fine for me !

Hope it will be the same for others.

Paulus

Many thanks to both Von Paulus and Schrullenhaft, since the information both of you provided helped me to quickly resolve my problem, too. My router is an Asante FR1004, and it was only slightly different from what Von Paulus said. I'm pretty much a dummy, but you guys made it easy even for me.

BTW, I registered just so I could say thank you. heh