Resolution Limit?

Preacher

Originally posted by Preacher:

Old timer here. Been wanting to ask this Q for a while:

In both games I cannot set resolution above 1024x768. Regardless where I set my res on the desktop, the max res it gives me the option for is 1024x768. ??

I have a P4-1.7gig, 256meg, GeForce 3 Ti200 (64meg), WindowsXP...

Thanks,

Preacher

Well first of nice to meet you mister Preacher.

I am not a 100% on what your question is, but I will do my best to give it an from my assumption.

I would say your video card does not allow a higher resolution than what your options listed are.

If this is not your question will check back for further info.

I'll check on those things when I get home from work today. I know that changing my desktop resolution doesn't change anything. Currently I'm running at 1280x1024 (but CM only gives me 1024x768 or less as a choice). My monitor shows up as 'Plug and Play monitor' if that is what you mean. I'll check the driver version when I get home.

Thanks,

Preacher

Schrullenhaft, et al,

Got it fixed. Re-installed my monitor driver (actually, just let XP 're-detect' it) and it picked it up as a specific brand/model rather than a generic. Methinks that did the trick, since i'm now running CMBB in 1280x1024 smile.gif

Now, anyone know where in the US to get a good, inexpensive 19" monitor ?? smile.gif

Thanks,

Preacher

Originally posted by Preacher:

Now, anyone know where in the US to get a good, inexpensive 19" monitor ?? smile.gif

I got one of these super-cheap "MAG" monitors. You can only use it for text work at 1280x1024 if you aren't sensitive. And it noticably breathes when you switch major parts of the screen from white to dark. However, it will give you a 1280x1024 (or more?) game image just fine, on a very cheap big monitor.

[ September 27, 2002, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: redwolf ]