Thanks SC group/team

I just wanted to say thanks for your work on Operation Z in particular, as I've managed to create some rather interesting/ fun situations through the editor. I've done everything from a preemptive strike on the USSR to an invasion of American shores, and of course Operation Z by itself is a fun situation in which you get to take command of either the Japanese or the Allies in the war of infamy.

I also would like to thank Robert Carver, Hubert Cater, Bill, Happycat, and others who are helping me make my Midway Mod. Your help is greatly appreciated and by the end of this upcoming week I feel like we can commence the testing of this MOD, and eventually I'll upload it on the Battlefront Repository for play by all.

Thanks Scott, I'm sure all of us who were involved in the production of this game, including the beta testers who helped get Operation Z ready for release and whose role was pretty crucial, are very pleased to hear about the enjoyment you and others are getting from the game. :)

Ditto what scotts said Bill. I just finished your Z campaign with the "stalemate" message and I must say, for an AI game it was the best ever although I'm sure a human opponent would have cleaned my clock.

I thought the game captured a lot of essence of the Pacific WW2 theater. One gamey aspect I did take advantage of was when faced with Allied landings I usually degraded their strength down to 4 or less and leave them in place. Without supply or support they were no real threat and they kept other stronger, new amphibs from landing. I was thinking the smart thing would have been to disband them and then land the new amphibs, but the AI didn't follow through.

Not sure if this can be addressed but I thought I would reveal such blatant abuse of the system I embarked upon.

Just upgraded with the new patches and I'm wondering...what's next? Been thinking about an H to H game or possibly testing someones custom world campaign or scotts' Midway, but maybe there's another challenging AI campaign in the scenario folder?

Anyone got suggestions??? Maybe a Z test against myself playing both sides, the Allies trying for the island evading big push directly at Japan, and the Japs going for an island defense strategy while containing the Asian belligerents, not going for the China knockout.

Hmmmm???

SeaMonkey and everybody else I can happily assure you that you will get a chance to try out my new campaign very very soon . I've played it on both sides and I have to say you're in for a challenge regardless of the side you pick, especially if you try it out on the hardest setting.

I have thrown in a few naval surprises (AI scripts, etc) so you will have to play on your toes otherwise the AI's navy will destroy you. I must say I've really out done myself with this MOD.

One gamey aspect I did take advantage of was when faced with Allied landings I usually degraded their strength down to 4 or less and leave them in place. Without supply or support they were no real threat and they kept other stronger, new amphibs from landing. I was thinking the smart thing would have been to disband them and then land the new amphibs, but the AI didn't follow through.

Not sure if this can be addressed but I thought I would reveal such blatant abuse of the system I embarked upon.

Yes that is surely something Hubert is working on. With that said I think in any computer game vs. the AI you will have to keep away from gamey tactics to keep the game challenging.

The day I will not have to do so I will actually be very worried and think ''Terminator / The Matrix", LOL!

There seems to be a need for a chance a unit will self-disband with no gain in MPP (ie surrender) when supply is 0 and morale is below a certain level.

Early on in resisting a landing damaging units a bit at sea is quite logical - they may take more damage landing and low strength units getting in eachother's way seems quite legitimate given the chaos of a badly put together amphibious assault. but I agree it shouldn't last too many turns.....