production delay

I would like to know if you players use production delay? Historical it should be used because it took some time to build warships and to get armies ready for battle and also it would make you think what will I be needing down the road in say two months to a year. But with all the ships in the build arsenal of the US I think it puts Japan at a disavantage. I play with it off [probably wrong] because Japan needs units quickly to establish itself before the allies can gain power. I feel guilty not having production delay on, and feel I probably cannot have any chance of winning with it on. I truly need some opinions here. Thank you.

Willy

Of course you can win as Japan with it on. I am not SC2 elite type player and I can win as Japan vs. the AI at the hardest settings, although I only manage a minor victory every time.

Keep playing with it on, the challenge is greater but you will have more fun as it might take you longer to get to the highest setting vs. the AI.

I agree with Blashy. You really should play with it on, because if you begin to play against other players your likely to get whipped as chances of you beating them when you couldn't play the AI with that on are slim to none. Although I'll be honest with you for a while I played with it off, but the game gets a little more interesting with it on. You should definitely give it a shot with production delay on.

Oh and you can win with it on. I can assure you of that.

Of course you should use delayed production. And later Expert +2, but don't be in a hurry, the experience of SC is the aroma as you travel the path culminating with the human opponent.

One thing though, delayed production should be coupled with a delayed cost also. If a unit takes 10 turns to produce and a 100 MPPs, it should cost 10 MPPs a turn. The cost should run sequentially in increments of the total and the controlling player has the option to delay the build from turn to turn as priorities shift.

Just like it was and is in real life.