Serious Victory bug in 1944-45 Phillipines scenario

I was a bit pissed to play this scenario and then suddently only get a minor victory. The problem is that that the date is wrong for US capture of Manilla causing the game to end in a minor victory before the US has the canche to get clark's airfield too.

{

#NAME= USA Minor Victory

#POPUP= USA MINOR VICTORY

#IMAGE=

#SOUND=

#FLAG= 1

#TYPE= 2

#AI= 0

#LEVEL= 0

; Set global variable condition to always trigger (dummy value)

#GV= 1[1,100]

; Set link value to always trigger (dummy value)

#LINK= 0[0]

#TRIGGER= 100

#ALIGNMENT= 2

#DATE= 1944/10/20

; Japanese control -> Manila

#MAP_POSITION= 28,28

}

As you see the minor victory will trigger before end of time for scenario.

Hi Kuniworth,

Sounds like a fair deal!

I am not sure Hubert or Bill will be adding anymore scenarios to PT, but I can sure craft a game and place it on the file repository.

btw… I posted two new scenarios in the Battlefront repository yesterday (’41 Singapore and ’37 Shanghai). If you get the chance to play them, write and let me know what improvements can be made.

Robert

Hi Kuniworth,

Sounds like a fair deal!

I am not sure Hubert or Bill will be adding anymore scenarios to PT, but I can sure craft a game and place it on the file repository.

btw… I posted two new scenarios in the Battlefront repository yesterday (’41 Singapore and ’37 Shanghai). If you get the chance to play them, write and let me know what improvements can be made.

Robert

Is the user name and password the same for the repository as it is for the forums?

It's your store battlefront username and password. Do yourself a favor and never enter your battlefront forum username and password all it will do is frustrate you. Robert I learned it the hard way to :(

Thanks for the info. I logged on and downloaded the scenario's. Do they have an AI???

All;

I am posting a correction for the 1944-45 Philippines victory.txt file until the second Pacific Theater update can be complied and posted.

The file corrects a #DATE error discovered by Kuniworth.

The file is under review and should be posted to the Battlefront repository shortly.

To install just place the victory.txt file in the Strategic Command WWII Pacific Theater folder -> Campaigns -> 1944-45 Philippines -> Scripts -> Events. It will overwrite the existing file.

Robert