CMSF on a laptop?

I'm going to be buying a laptop in the next few months, and after a distressing experience several years ago, in which my then laptop just wound't run CMBB or CMAK due to some graphics card problem, I though I'd research this time to ensure I can play CMSF without trouble.

So, CMSF-laptoppers - anything in particular I should make sure I get? Anything to avoid?

My laptop will be more powerful than my current PC, which runs CMSF okay, but are there any laptop-specific quirks I need to know about?

Well I just bought a Dell Studio 1735 for a little over $700. It has a duo core 2.0ghz with 3 MB of Ram and Vista. The video card isnt as good as I would have liked but it runs my games just fine. Its the Mobile express 965 chip.

CMSF in particular runs even the huge scenarios on the lower graphics settings with a slight hic-up in frame rates on best setting but balanced is just perfect for me.

Plus i can go wow the people at the local coffee shop when I go there. :)

Well I just bought a Dell Studio 1735 for a little over $700. It has a duo core 2.0ghz with 3 MB of Ram and Vista. The video card isnt as good as I would have liked but it runs my games just fine. Its the Mobile express 965 chip.

CMSF in particular runs even the huge scenarios on the lower graphics settings with a slight hic-up in frame rates on best setting but balanced is just perfect for me.

Plus i can go wow the people at the local coffee shop when I go there. :)

It sounds like you're doing fine with something like I'm considering - although my cash won't be accumulated for a few more months, so I expect I'll get something equivalent, but with a more powerful graphics card for about the same price. Except in pounds, since the USA seems to enjoy cheaper computing than the UK.

Thanks, now I can look forward to CMSFing on the move :D