So, can my infantry enter buildings now?

doktor57

The original version did not have the capability for infantry to enter buildings. That was

an absolute game killer for me. CMBO incorporated it, as did CMBB. Urban combat was

the great equalizer between infantry and armor in WWII. I've steadfastly refused to

play until this is fixed. Just curious if it's been fixed.

Yes, TOW adds this feature. The way it works (and I'm quite sure it's shown in the gameplay video released a few weeks ago) is that the roofs of buildings disappear when you move the cursor over it, allowing you to look inside. There is no furniture, but individual rooms are modeled. You also get a cursor icon showing a little house when you have a soldier selected and the mouse pointing at a house, confirming that the soldier will enter the house. Positioning within the house may be important, too, especially with regard to windos etc. (soldiers can't fire through solid walls).

• 2 weeks later...

the roofs of buildings disappear when you move the cursor over it, allowing you to look inside. There is no furniture, but individual rooms are modeled. You also get a cursor icon showing a little house when you have a soldier selected and the mouse pointing

50cm thick house wall is an equivalent of 9mm armor against solid projectiles. So, 7.92 AP rounds will penetrate house wall at 100m or so (in case of 90 angle) and closer distance.

Small houses collapse as a whole, while larger ones have up to three sections which can collapse independently.

Usually house or house section will collapse after several hits of middle-sized (75mm or so) HE shells or only one hit of large HE (like 105mm) or bomb. It's impossible to destroy a house with a billion of pistol shots, however.

In addition, houses provide good protection against blast waves and fragments, as long as they don't collapse.