new units for ToW

Knokke

Hi everyone,

I finally had success tring to create new static objects for ToW with MshConverter. The utility is a bit tricky to use (or my knowledge of the workings of ToW is not enough yet), but it is working.

I believe that we are now able to add any units we wish to Theatre of War, both playable units and static objects.

I hope that more peoples will start to play with MshConverter, so that we can expand this great game even further.

For now, I'm back working on my new objects for my Operation Market-Garden map.

Nice work Knokke!!!

I am hoping when you finish that project perhaps you would find time to do some buildings that might be found in Europian or russian cities for some street fighting scenes. some large destroyed buildings with plenty of rubble. Also needed are some period autos, destroyed and intact!!!

• 4 weeks later...
As usual, there are still a few problems left, as you can see in the following screenshot:

I've some trouble with glitches coming from the shadows the object is casting upon itself.

And at the moment, the AI is not able to cross the bridge properly :mad: , but I believe I know where the problem comes from.

-Knokke

http://pigeonh.free.fr/Grave-4.jpg

yeah unless theres a way to mask shadows properly

no clue on the syntax code yet i havnt even had a peek but that looks pretty sweet..

would be really neat if static 3D objects / bridges could be walked across..

hmm.. now im thinking platforms soldiers can climb & fall off of.. such as guard/watch towers etc..