Anyone try this simulation yet?

gunnergoz

I saw this on the Wargamer site and thought someone here may be familiar with it:

[commercial link removed]

The civilian version of this is free but I can't tell from what I've read if it has an AI or is strictly muliplayer.

I'd try it but am pretty busy to get involved in a new game at the moment.

BTW, because it is apparently free, I didn't think it was a violation of the forum rules to post it. My apologies to BFC if it turns out to be verboten...

you got a red card for THAT?? Geez...that seems a bit heavy handed..

Blatant advertisements for non-Battlefront product , chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also prohibited from these Forums.

I didn't think yours was blatant, just an honest question...more in line with

These Forums are designed to be a fun, informative, and intellectually stimulating place where gamers can feel free to exchange their ideas and communicate with Battlefront's developers directly. It can be seen as both a tool to help create better games as well as a place for gamers to get together and discuss relevant issues without being distracted, disrupted, or discouraged by abusive personalities so prevalent in unmoderated settings.

..so what is the simulation already..just a name, no link please.

I saw this on the Wargamer site and thought someone here may be familiar with it:

[commercial link removed]

The civilian version of this is free but I can't tell from what I've read if it has an AI or is strictly muliplayer.

I'd try it but am pretty busy to get involved in a new game at the moment.

BTW, because it is apparently free, I didn't think it was a violation of the forum rules to post it. My apologies to BFC if it turns out to be verboten...

Checked the Wargamer site and Eric is correct it is Battle Command, and Moon is incorrect..it is indeed free.

I looked at this a year or two ago. It's ambitious.

There was an AI, so I played single player. It was very resource/graphics intensive.

I was looking to use it in a classroom environment, but found the learning curve too steep and the speed of execution too slow. I ended up giving it a pass.

Since it is free, you should go over to wargamer and follow the link and download and try for yourselves.

Please read what I posted. I said that there may be a free version as well (I didn't see it), but the linked page included a Purchase button to buy whatever version it is you can buy for $40, and therefore the link is commercial and against our no-commercial-links policy. If there is a free version also is completely irrelevant.

I got one for linking to a free giveaway page that was later changed to the normal site, which you could buy from.

This was for a Linux utility :rolleyes:

There is a big grey zone where you pass from a friendly "hey, look I have a cool linky" to "hey, this is cheap advertising". For some people the crossing-over is truly unintended, but there are many out there who try to exploit this very deliberately.

We draw a very clear line, and do it consistantly for years: links to pages which contain purchase buttons or links are commercial. Zip. It doesn't get any more clear than this. If you want to avoid getting an infraction, simply don't post clickable links if you're in doubt. There are many ways to avoid it.

Besides, an Infraction is just a reminder of the forum rules and has no immediate consequences unless you do it too often. They expire after 30 days (unless you have repeat instances). Giving them in cases like this is, again, simply being consistant.

Now that we got completely sidetracked I am closing this thread.