Red Pepper - New Infantry Battle

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys!

I have a certain attachment to this map. I plan a US vs UK version for it as well, once the module is released.

I miss designing missions but time is short.

I forgot to mention it´s only playable from the Blue side. There are 3 plans for Red which should make it more interesting if you replay it.

-

Look forward to this, and to your Brits campaign even more!

Thanks handihoc!

Since this is the second time you mention it... ;)

Oh, it won´t be MY campaign! There are a lot of very talented designers doing it, just like it happened with the Marines.

I´m doing some missions for the campaign and hopefully a few single missions as well if time permits. BF is keeping me pretty busy though, don´t you worry!

-

Webwing!

You've done it! Best scenario in my book. Marine grunts have to fight every 100 meters. Constant ammo checks are required. I even had to resupply my forward platoons with light vehicles (Trucks - What a nightmare). Trust me - I will play this one a lot! Great job!!!

***Spoiler***

North area counter attack caught me off guard. In the first crossroads scenario this was the back breaker for the enemy. You could send a platoon across the highway and then push east with ease. I could stop the light counter attack and slaughter them....Not so now!!! The bad guys are everywhere. First time I've had a platoon of Marines routed (Of course that will never happen again)! Your AI is alive!!! Again, thanks for an enjoyable scenario.

PS - I downloaded from CMMODS. I've noticed the counter no longer works on the website.

Funny thing is that the download counter there is at zero!!!! Which would mean nobody downloaded the mission there!

It's been showing number of downloads at 0 for everyone's missions for several months now. BTW, I REALLY wish people who haven't played your mission would desist from posting negative scores. How can anyone rate a mission as '1' when they haven't played it?! There do happen to be a number of people who go to that site to download missions and won't look at missions that don't have '5' ratings. You're probably going to find that they don't have the Marines module installed.

theFightingSeabee:

Webwing, I was having problems with cmmods a few weeks ago. It was showing no downloads and wouldn't let me rate anything. Maybe the problem is there again.

The rating thing is not my major concern but if the mission has some problem loading. But I downloaded it myself, once more and tested and it seems fine.

Maybe the guys just don´t have the Marines after all!

ThePhantom:

Webwing!

You've done it! Best scenario in my book. Marine grunts have to fight every 100 meters. Constant ammo checks are required. I even had to resupply my forward platoons with light vehicles (Trucks - What a nightmare). Trust me - I will play this one a lot! Great job!!!

***Spoiler***

North area counter attack caught me off guard. In the first crossroads scenario this was the back breaker for the enemy. You could send a platoon across the highway and then push east with ease. I could stop the light counter attack and slaughter them....Not so now!!! The bad guys are everywhere. First time I've had a platoon of Marines routed (Of course that will never happen again)! Your AI is alive!!! Again, thanks for an enjoyable scenario.

PS - I downloaded from CMMODS. I've noticed the counter no longer works on the website.

Thanks a lot! I´m glad you liked it!!!

I was using this scenario to test on very active AI. There are also 2 (or 3?) AI plans which make for some replay value.

I have all 3 missions of the Crossroads Trilogy upgraded to Marines. But I´m so short of time that I can never finish testing it. So I decide to release just the first one.

Paper Tiger:

It's been showing number of downloads at 0 for everyone's missions for several months now. BTW, I REALLY wish people who haven't played your mission would desist from posting negative scores. How can anyone rate a mission as '1' when they haven't played it?! There do happen to be a number of people who go to that site to download missions and won't look at missions that don't have '5' ratings. You're probably going to find that they don't have the Marines module installed.

That is a bit annoying. I mean, it´s ok to give a bad rating if you think the mission sucks but makes no sense to do it for a techinical problem.

I could delete it and upload it again just to get rid of it. Or just delete it for good and leave it only at the repository

Enough Webwing,

I do enjoy the Red Pepper scenario - However, in the next edition throw in some supply hummers! My guys are running out of ammo! It's embarrassing. The trucks are to weak to bring forward. A few rounds on them and they wreck. The sad thing is - You lose the chance to resupply!!! Your forward elements sit in the objective area looking useless..... because they are. Add the hummers, Webwing (LAV's would be nice).

*** Don't read this if you haven't played it!!!***

Since I'm playing the Red Pepper Crossroads I have a few needed requests. The first, of course, is a better way of getting ammo to the objective. I also need one more battery of 60 mm mortars (Seriously needed). A cobra gunship would be an added extra. Last, but not least, the final reinforcement area is simply in a bad spot. The trucks receive small arms fire immediately and you lose at least one before you can move them. The trucks are a joke anyway. Just bring them in without the trucks. I've played three times and have not received a satisfactory victory (I always get a draw!!!!!). One more thing - Make the Marines veterans so they'll stop running away when they are shot at!

PS - Sorry about the issues - but I have never had this hard of time with a scenario. I just can't win it! I think my main problem is the ammo issue. My guys run out of ammo and get stalemated..... Sometimes I want to get in the game fire all of the officers and slap all the enlisted men. Just add some hummers, Webwing....... seriously. I know I can go in and edit the game.... I just feel that would be cheating. However, if you make an upgrade with some added features, victory could be achieved properly. I need help man. Please, don't forget to add the 60mm mortars, they're needed (or a gunship).

Enough Webwing,

I do enjoy the Red Pepper scenario - However, in the next edition throw in some supply hummers! My guys are running out of ammo! It's embarrassing. The trucks are to weak to bring forward. A few rounds on them and they wreck. The sad thing is - You lose the chance to resupply!!! Your forward elements sit in the objective area looking useless..... because they are. Add the hummers, Webwing (LAV's would be nice).

Thanks a lot for the feedback!

The trucks are there for resupply and they do have loads of ammo in them. However they are very vulnerable, you are right.

What I do is have my base in the initial compound and keep all my trucks there. But yes, if you run out of ammo you either have to take the trucks forward, which is difficult or come back to resupply.

*** Don't read this if you haven't played it!!!***

Since I'm playing the Red Pepper Crossroads I have a few needed requests.

Let´s see what I can do for you! ;)

The first, of course, is a better way of getting ammo to the objective. I also need one more battery of 60 mm mortars (Seriously needed). A cobra gunship would be an added extra.

I hesitated a bit on adding more support. But you are probably right.

Last, but not least, the final reinforcement area is simply in a bad spot. The trucks receive small arms fire immediately and you lose at least one before you can move them. The trucks are a joke anyway. Just bring them in without the trucks.

I had trouble finding the right place for them. Also I thought it more realist to have them arriving from the road.

The purpose of the trucks is extra ammo, that´s all.

I´ll see what I can do.

I've played three times and have not received a satisfactory victory (I always get a draw!!!!!).

I can win, but I guess that doesn´t mean much! ;)

If you are patient and advance with only small recon teams at first you can do it. You´ve got an hour and half to do it.

But like I said maybe it´s just because I designed it and know all the weak points of the enemy.

One more thing - Make the Marines veterans so they'll stop running away when they are shot at!

This got a lot worse(or better) with the 1.11 patch.

PS - Sorry about the issues - but I have never had this hard of time with a scenario. I just can't win it! I think my main problem is the ammo issue. My guys run out of ammo and get stalemated..... Sometimes I want to get in the game fire all of the officers and slap all the enlisted men. Just add some hummers, Webwing....... seriously.

Actually is really great to have some feedback. I have played this mission countless times but your´s is the first feedback I get.

I know I can go in and edit the game.... I just feel that would be cheating. However, if you make an upgrade with some added features, victory could be achieved properly. I need help man. Please, don't forget to add the 60mm mortars, they're needed (or a gunship).

Will do. Probably today. If I don´t do it today I will probably never be able to it. :)

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

The first time I played this scenario I was doing ok until my reinforcements arrived. I got so caught up trying to move 2 squads up on the left to take out and artillery observer in one of those buildings, that my new company got chewed up by their mortars before I could use them. The AI uses mortars very effectively. You can not stay in any one position for very long, as in real life. Or you will get absolutely pounded. I still haven't won the scenario yet but its such a great challenge. Great scenario!!!

*contains spoilers*

When I started this scenario two hours ago I really enjoyed it. The map is nice, the enemy AI is well placed and very active and the enemy mortars constantly harrass you. Back than I still enjoyed all that. But now it's just frustrating. It feels like the Syrians aquired some kind of UAVs or reconaissance aircraft because no matter where I move I get shot up by their mortars. Even behind the hill on the left side, although both spotter teams are dead. One time I managed to kill all the enemy on the left side with relatively few casualties only to have a whole company of enemy spawn in my back. This kind of s*** is f****** frustrating.

I'll now go outside and put my head in the snow for half an hour or so to cool down my anger.