Scripted Events

I'm enjoying the game - particularly the dynamic carrier action.

One complaint - also in other SC series - pop up events make nice chrome the first time round but get predictable fast and are inappropriate when the player changes history earlier.

Eg. The battleship being refloated in Pearl Habour is one nice detail but its always the same one. Worse, it was done when I had Japanese special forces holding part of the island and their ships are everywhere, surely not the time for a refloatation operation.

Also I can isolate Hawaii with all my navy but the US still gets reinforcements in. The home guard I understand, its raised locally, but if the marines are shipped in or even airlifted I have the forces and planes to stop them but you cannot stop a scripted pop up with a logical counter.

Its a great game but this I find strange. Either remove these or make them less predictable.

Its like the port being bombed in Italy in WaW - its a cool event that really happened but after a while you learn not to station a ship there around that time - completely unhistorical foreknowledge.

But back to the game, one more push and India is mine......

Hi Colin

Thanks for the comments, I'm glad you're enjoying the game and I'll see if we can make some of them a little less predictable. :)

As to the battleship being refloated, are you referring to the Nevada (in 1942) or the return to service of the California in May 1944? If the latter, the California was refloated at Pearl in 1942 and sent back to the westcoast of the USA where she spent two years being repaired before venturing forth to do battle against the Japanese.

I've been thinking about this and although I get your point about the fighting on Hawaii itself preventing salvage work, Japan does benefit from a chance to re-sink the Nevada while it is at low strength before the US has a chance to move it away or reinforce it. So things kind of balance out a little.

I will study this a bit more though, leave it with me.

Eg. The battleship being refloated in Pearl Habour is one nice detail but its always the same one. Worse, it was done when I had Japanese special forces holding part of the island and their ships are everywhere, surely not the time for a refloatation operation.

Idea: if a ship is sunk on a harbor square, you can rebuy it back for 60% of the original price, in exactly the same way a ground/air unit which is destroyed in full supply can be bought back. Any thoughts about that?