CM and GeForce 4 problems

Hi all,

Recently there have been some threads reporting problems with GeForce 4 video cards, especially with CM showing only a blank screen or else freezing (requiring a reboot) at the end of a turn. Having just updated from a GeForce 2 to a Geforce 4, I'm sorry to say that I'm having the same troubles. The CM splash screen will not show when I start up (only giving me music and a black screen) until I minimize and re-maximize. When I attempt the play a turn, the graphics are fine until I hit Go/Done to end the turn--then CM freezes and I have to ctrl-alt-delete my system.

My question is, does *anyone* have CM running properly with a GeForce 4 card? If so, please tell us what drivers you are using and whether you have made any special tweaks. Thanks!

My set-up (CM and GeForce 4 *not* working together):

AMD 1.0 GHz processor

640 MB RAM

PNY GeForce 4 Ti4400 128MB RAM

NVidia drivers 28.32

I have an Xtasy Ti 4600 GeForce 4, 128mb DDR / 300mgz graphic processor. I have the 28.32 drivers.

No problems whatsoever.

[edited to fully respond to the question] No tweaks, other than setting my AGP aperature in the BIOS to 256mb, but that was not necessitated by any problems with the card / CM. Sorry I can't be of any help.

[ May 14, 2002, 07:03 PM: Message edited by: Agua ]