New campaign in the works: M1 Tank Platoon 2008!

While I wait on beta tester feedback for Task Force Panther, I have started work on a new campaign. It is made in the vision of the old DOS game M1 Tank Platoon:

logovg9.jpg

In it, you lead a platoon of M1A2 Abrams through World War III. In the spirit of the original game, the battles are VERY simple: your platoon, plus small attachments such as Bradleys with infantry, TOW vehicles, A-10s, Apaches, or artillery, fight against the Red Hordes of tanks and mech forces over very large ( 2 km x 2 km) yet simple maps.

demo1lc4.jpg

demo2we8.jpg

demo3qb9.jpg

briefingdemony1.jpg

This is a total beer and pretzel style of play. There are six mission types, including Blitzkrieg, Hasty Attack, Assault, Meeting Engagement Holding Action, and Hold At All Costs. I am making the campaign dynamic; if you lose a lot, you will do more defensive missions, until you start winning again, and so on and so forth.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...