Footbridges!

I figured out how to make bridges for infantry. It doesn't work for vehicles, obviously, but I'm sure the scen designers among us can come up with reasons for vehicles' not being able to use them.

CMShockForce2008-10-1516-11-59-12.jpg

As you can see, you make a two-story building attached to two one-story buildings. You may need to do some fiddling in the editor with the elevations to make sure that everything checks out, though. You can also make the top section a tunnel, with enclosed sides. I made mine open so that the people inside can be shot at, and to give you guys a clearer picture of what I did.

Why use this? It means that infantry can not only cross the bridge, but pass underneath it as well. Furthermore, unlike the bridges made out of solid earth that we have now, it is . . .

CMShockForce2008-10-1516-28-38-50.jpg

Destructible!

It does have problems, however--it blocks LOS, and vehicles obviously can't use either the top or the bottom crossing.