Nupremal World Conflict Scenario Test

I am playtesting Nupremals world scenarion 1.2 and encountered some bugs/remarks:

1. Playing as allies the decision event "Bessarabia" keeps popping up again and again AFTER I made the decision. Also I am informed about the us oil embargo against Japan again and again. ("Tensions" rise and rise but no effect is to be seen).

2. Soviet activation in mid '43 ist still between 0-20%. Is this on purpose?

3. US activation is at the same time around 53% I wonder whether the US or Soviets will join ever before the end of the scenario?

4. I wonder what the constant popping up annotation that the urkrainian dissidents grow does and if it's meant to pop up the whole time.

All in all the progress on all fronts is veeery slow (in china also due to harsh movement restrictions by terrain costs). Germany until now never managed even to conquer the whole of Belgium (I have french troops in Brussels).

But, apart from the above, I like the scenario and the map, although (as mentioned earlier) I badly want to be able to attack Switzerland and have some action in the south americas. Although there are other countries, they never played any role until now.

I like the decision events you implemented (although I want more and they also ought to work correctly). Also I wish for more AI scripts.

I will try to finish the game (although, right now it's getting a little boring) and then retry as axis player.

After that I will try and compare Big Al's world scenario.

Keep up the good work!

Sami

hmmm... so far you are testing the opposite of what I am testing, which is Axis. However a lot has been changed again and I found many bugs - trust em I know there are a lot of bugs.

You did not get activation because every time you see that warning it means you lost activation points... i.e. that is a warning to keep a garrison in Kiev. The documentation to tell people that is not yet there.

Annex Bessarabia - I don't know why that would be, because it should only be set to go once. Perhaps I already fixed it on the one I have now.

I have the tension rise as continuous - the problem being it should instead be a pop-up and then happen automatically - will fix. It DOES have an effect though.

There are very few scripts set for the Axis as of now - so playing as Allies is not recommended except human vs human.

I increased movement rates for Japanese infantry.

I am playing a test human vs human that is going well - you can join me if you wish.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nupremal

now I am playtesting your scenario as axis and encountered the following oddities:

1. Taking Brest the undefended Plymouth hex and some hexes surrounding it in England turn to axis so I could just walk into GB for free using transports.

2. Artillery. Why can I research artillery as german, when I am not allowed to build artillery? Why is it, that with exception of russia no one can build artillery?

3. Conquering Poland I was never given the option to accept or decline the Molotov-Ribbentrop pact. No such decision event.

4. No build ups possible for Spain.

5. What's the point in not attacking Pearl Harbour? I chose not to take this event, but I couldn't see much of the consequences (USA joined anyway shortly after).

So far my observations.

Sami

I actually need to update the scenario - I have changed a lot since.

1 - That is very odd - I have added a town to Plymouth though and deleted some of the channel ports - so I doubt it will happen again.

2 - The research has been deleted for Germans. Only Russia can build artillery to represent their massive artillery use and numbers.

3 - No the pact was already decided on before the war, so I decided not to include that as an event.

4 - What does that mean no build ups possible? You mean extra units for Spain? Perhaps I should add some, but they already have a lot of units.

5 - I changed this - It will be set for 80% activation, so not attacking will allow you more time to prepare if you want to avoid the conflict.

However, while I am updating the scenario soon, it is really only being tested human vs. human now. I am playing someone online - using email since tcp/ip does not appear to work with decisions - we just upload the turns back and forth. That may be the best way to try it now.

I guess bottom line is it really is still not quite ready for prime time - I found lots of errors that I have fixed since I uploaded that one.

I guess bottom line is it really is still not quite ready for prime time - I found lots of errors that I have fixed since I uploaded that one.

No problem, that's normal. Every bug or unrealistic implementation we discover and correct improves the scenario. Go on and I hope you will soon upload a newer version!

Sami

• 4 weeks later...