adulterous modifications..possibilities and improbability's

1. hardcore multiplay.....a setting to restrict the view to "iron-view", where the cam is linked to the unit in view "1" and no 'wandering' cam allowed.

at the moment you have to 'promise' not to cheat....a setting would rock

2. WEGO. the ability to link waypoint between units to sync orders OR execute an order at a particular time. ie....setting up a chain of orders....culminating in a perfectly timed, multiple entry into a building....enter at 2.30:50am. or it can be used to crest a ridge etc etc

3. why not just add ww2 to cm:sf? make a giant sandbox war game.......people would love to do silly battles like 20 tigers v an M1A1.....

other than that, really impressed with 1.10, cm:sf is now worthy of the battlefront name

I really have no idea what you are talking about with the wandering camera view being "cheating". You can move all over the battlefield at the moment, but that doesn't help you see anything you couldn't see from locked first-person view (well, except in easy mode), since the game has a fog of war...

I really have no idea what you are talking about with the wandering camera view being "cheating". You can move all over the battlefield at the moment, but that doesn't help you see anything you couldn't see from locked first-person view (well, except in easy mode), since the game has a fog of war...

Not exactly true.

In a recent PBEM AAR that someone posted to the forum (name escapes me) he mentioned repeatedly checking for smoke puffs and dust tracks from ATGM firings and AFVs to beat the FOW and guess whether the position and size of his opponents forces.

Not exactly true.

In a recent PBEM AAR that someone posted to the forum (name escapes me) he mentioned repeatedly checking for smoke puffs and dust tracks from ATGM firings and AFVs to beat the FOW and guess whether the position and size of his opponents forces.

I suspect that was my AAR... I'm a dirty cheatin' sonofabitch :D

You (the player) can also see small arms muzzle flashes from enemy units which none of your troops see (no ? icon, no spot of any kind, but you can see to the inch where the firers are standing in principle). No idea if it is always there - it seems wrong somehow to go around hunting for the muzzle flashes for extra intel (although if both players know about it and are happy to do it, then obviously there is no problem) - but I do use the info if I stumble across it whilst watching a replay.

But I'd be very happy if the muzzle flashes and spotting of non-spotted dust were taken out. I just don't know how possible it is or how high up the 'to do' list.

2. WEGO. the ability to link waypoint between units to sync orders OR execute an order at a particular time. ie....setting up a chain of orders....culminating in a perfectly timed, multiple entry into a building....enter at 2.30:50am. or it can be used to crest a ridge etc etc

It would be a nice feature, to be able to select a bunch of waypoints and link them so that units wait at that point until all relevant units reach their selected waypoint. But again, since it is one of those minor tweaks that is a fair bit of work to implement, and only makes a difference (in results) vs manual synching of pauses etc. in a pretty small number of cases, so I doubt you'll see it any time soon.