Javelin misfires in v1.10

c3k

Gents,

In one of the included scenarios, "USMC: Blues for Allah", my dismounted Javelin team has suffered several misses. I have two savegames from similar points in the game showing this. I do not have one from an earlier case in the same scenario.

In one instance the team's Javelin nailed one of their own side's units. Oooops. I am using this scenario as a learning aid, so I went to a previous save and changed history. :) I had a save, so I cancelled that target order, waited a minute, then targeted a DIFFERENT target. Guess what? The javelin hit the same spot!

The reason I'm posting this is that it may shed light on the Javelin miscues.

I'm not saying the game is broken, or even that this is a bug. However, the displayed behavior does raise a question or two.

In both cases the Javelin impacted exactly 40 meters away from the firing team.

The targets were different, althought along similar sightlines. The LOS/LOF did NOT intersect the ground. (I find that that is the most common reason for short impacts: the desired LOF cuts through terrain. That was not the case in either shot.)

Anyway, here are the links:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/irwyxz2tln2/USMC Blues For Allah jav misfire.bts

The other one:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ymczmmnhda0/USMC Blues For Allah 012B jave malf again.bts

Again, although the team positioning is the same, note the machinegun team, note the targeted building, and note the time remaining. These are NOT the same turn.

Is there something errant here? Or, is this just a spot from which every Javelin ever fired will impact 40 meters away?

I probably have more savegames available for the immediately preceding action/command phases.

Thanks,

Ken

Yes i have noticed dramatic drop in the Javelin reliability. Often both of the fire teams shots either hit close to the target or simply go off the map. I take extra care about my Jav teams, so they always have good visual on the contact and are not getting fired at.