Dentonator 40.72 drivers and AA

murpes

Hi,

Thanks for posting. In the CMBB forum 'Lawyer' was stating they work for him. Sometimes these drivers work for some but not for most.

I will wait until I hear that 'most' have them working.

Voxman

Originally posted by murpes:

still broken. And these are certified drivers. I'm getting frustrated with the crap NVidia's been pushing out lately.

NVidia's never had a high rep re: the quality control of thei drivers, aparently it's worce

I don't think my next card will be one of theirs

nVidia produces great drivers, frankly the only games that have ever given my probs are CMBO and CMBB. :(

As for their competition ATI has serious problems with drivers just look at the Radeon series, great silicon with oh so crappy drivers. They have amazing IQ but are always buggy.

FYI - I use Omega's drivers omegacorner.com , they are based on nVidia' 30.82 drivers but optimized for IQ. On my Ti4400 they work great with 4xAA and 2xAF.

Hi,

I'm using the 40.82 XP drivers with my Asus Ti4200 (128Mb - not the deluxe), and they work fine except when I select anti-aliasing I just get a black screen when running CMBB. When I hit <CTL>Q I actually see the correct screen for a brief moment. I can run Il-2 with AA enabled without any problems.

I have encountered this problem with the ASUS stock drivers and the 30.82 drivers too so I suspect it's not just a problem with the newest drivers. I wwas actually hoping these drivers would fix this.

I'm running an Athlon 1.4Gb on an ABIT KG7 with 512 Mb RAM with WinXP. Any ideas?

Regards

Hi,

I was told there was a problem with the drivers as originally released. If you downloaded them prior to November 11 and you are having problems, please go to the nVidia site and download the fixed version f the 40.72 drivers.

NOTE: If you experienced difficulty with this driver between November 8th and 11th, please download again. We have corrected the issue and updated the file.

I hope this helps!

are the new ones nvidia ver 4.13.01.4072, files dated 9/27/02? this is the set i downloaded today and am still having problems with. card is gforce2 mx200/400. problems are: cmbo does not recognize resolution greater than 800x600 and building walls and roofs dissapear when occupied.

i'm open to other suggestions.

mark

ubik12,

CM will not recognize any resolution higher than your desktop resolution. Switch your desktop to your desired CM resolution. Delete the Combat Mission Prefs file in the game folder, and launch the game. You'll know what to do from there.

For the building walls disappearing, etc.. That's supposed to happen. Try playing with Shift-o while in the game.

Treeburst155 out.