Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

And another thing

legend42

Probably the real terrain of Syria in most cases. There are some scenarios with an awful lot of trees! What scenarios have you noticed this on? If it's from the stock campaign/scenarios for vanilla CM:SF (as opposed to Marines) that's probably because the terrain through which TF Thunder is attacking is very dry.

legend42:

I just finished 14 QB Maps...several with trees (representing the cooler, western coastal region of Syria). Scen USMC Blues for Allah has trees, as does USMC A Day at a Time. They all play well on my machine. Having done several earlier scen and many forest maps I can say I have had no complaints about tree causing lags since 1.07

If you google the western seaboard of Syria, you'll find large swathes of VERY densely forested terrain. I have quite a few pictures of this terrain that I've been using for making my current series of maps. If you're creating missions in the desert where most of the fighting would probably take place, who needs them?

BTW, I often use thousands of trees in my scenarios and they run fine.