Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

The first "House Rule" for SC PTO

Been thinking that the ability of engineers to create infrastructure needs to be incorporated to a greater degree in PTO.

So, the first house rule is that to simulate the building of an airfield, an engineer unit has to create a fortification for air unit basing. This means that, other than a tile/tiles directly adjacent to a city, only fortifications can base air units.

Further, this would have to be coded..by you know who....that by increasing the number of sides created for the fortification, necessitating a longer build time, the engineer establishes a logistical supply base.

For example, a one side fortification has an inherent 10% efficiency or 1 supply factor, two sides = 20%/2 supply, all around....40%/4 supply.

So if you stick an HQ in the fortification you can provide for a limited supply network to the surrounding area. Of course this infrastructure will be subject to strategic attack.

Actually if you really get into your imagination, you might think that for each fortification produced in a tile, it will negate the movement penalty of terrain and for supply tracing also......simulating what???

the building of road and rail networks!

Hubert....damn it....hurry up. Shrapnel is coming out with "War Plan Pacific" tentatively for Nov. 20, preorders are $33.95.:confused:

Now I know ....no way will KE be able to produce the appeal SC has, but it might dilute out some of "the take".:(

So......don't mess with this suggestion...maybe in a patch, better to beat WPP with the release.

Its about commerce....after all.;)

I've done this kind of thing before get interested and just because I couldn't wait I bought a less then enjoyable game, so I'm gona wait for Hurbert as long as I have to, but are we there yet ;-). House rules need to stay in the home for now and added later.

Just wanted to let you guys know that 'SC Pacific' is not any fun to play test... definitely not! Hubert is a slave driver and it's a real chore to get up in the morning and thoroughly enjoy... er... I mean, force myself to load up one of these superb... um... okayish scenarios and play them to death. It's no fun... honest!

Well, maybe just a little ;)

You're going to love... erm... hate it! :D

Figures! I already put my early order in for WPP. Its got to be way better than this SC PTO gambit.:P

I mean, I"m such a glutton for punishment knowing time and time again I'm going to be disappointed by Hubert's releases......................................................................................................................

NOT!!!:D

So Moonslayer can you give us any details on your Guadalcanal campaign?:confused:

Like ....does the map include all the Solomons? Perhaps, New Britain and Rabaul?

Is it all surface naval oriented or are there carrier interactions?

Just a few tidbits......eh...how about it HC?:cool:

• 2 weeks later...