Thank you...but a request

BillyR

Great game. Great addition to the original. Well done.

A couple of things though, one I noticed, the other I'm not sure about but would like you to clarify...

1. When I completed the first mission in the campaign, I had destroyed a couple of buildingd with airstrikes...when it progressed to the second mission, the buildingds were back in play. Any chance, in the future, you can have battlefield damage stay as the missions progress?

2. I would like to create a scenario where reinforcements are due...but they only arrive IF an objective is taken and held. IF the objective is retaken by the enemy, I would like the reinforcements to be cancelled until such time as the objective is recaptured...is this possible? I've been looking and hoping for this feature for some time now (since CM:BB)

Well done on this great addition. Very reasonably priced and plenty of fun to be had.

Thx

I add one scenario wish that would be easy to add:

Currently reinforcement arrival span can be selected from 5 minute steps.

5 minutes is a long time with these modern units.

It would be nice to have at least one shorter time option between 0 and 5 minutes.

Now if you try to give both sides reinforcement *almost* at the same time, 5 minute difference in arrival moment may mean driving from one edge of the map to another. So 1 and 2 minute spans would be very useful.

mmm...only just noticed I have 1 post to my name (wondered what the "Welcome to the forums" was about...thx.

As it happens, I've been around here quite some time...I defo have posted more than once, but I wonder if I had to "recreate" my login, 'cause I also don't remember my login as being BillyR...I thought I was registered as BillyRiley!

I've been hoping for a "restricted reinformcement" option for sometime....oh well.

Oh well....thx for the welcome anyway :D

Hi there,

Damage being carried forward is something we have had on a ToDo List for a while now. There's a chance it might make it into Normandy, but definitely not until then. There's a couple of significant challenges for us behind the scenes. It's one of those features that appears to be easy, but from a data management standpoint there are some significant issues to work around. And that means time which we've felt (so far) better spent on more general features. Not that I stop asking Charles if he can put it in, because I most certainly do :D

Trigger scripted events are definitely something we're keen on supporting. We are looking at this closely for the Normandy release.

I personally would like to see the Reinforcement timer be direct input (i.e. typing in a time) instead of the fixed increments.

Steve