JereseyJohn now officially missing in action

• 1 month later...

:eek: Sorry to have worried so many of my friends and, of course, very grateful for their concern. :)

Thank you Kuni, SeaMonkey, JP -- I hope we do get together sometime, I'm in North Middletown -- Hubert and Mr Xwormwood for linking me to this thread.

-- By way of explanation my wife Marion and myself have been having some health problems that gradually got to me and I stopped going on the Internet for a few months. Thankfully things aren't overly bad and I'm gradually kicking back to my previous activity.

Thanks again, and, once more, my apologies for having worried people.

-- Got a good chuckle out of Kuni's remark about the ripple and the tiles, great quip as always from my Swedish friend. :D

Appreciated JP. :)

Somehow it worked out that I not only didn't have any extra free time, I actually wound up with a lot less time that was spent doing anything productive. Except for reading; I went on a big reading binge, mainly medieval history for a series of Norse fantasy novels I've been writing the past few years. From what I've been reading, the 10th-11th centuries are a good time to avoid when planning a vacation. Still, my characters seem to enjoy it there.

Your scenario sounds very interesting, I'd love to dig into it but about a year back I stopped playing wargames for precisely the reason you joke about, the time factor. Which is also the reason I stopped going to the Internet a few months back, most of my free time was being used in posting. Also, people kept sending fiction for me to read and I take a long hacking my way through these things. So, in the end, I figured the best course was to grow a long beard and live in a cave. :D

Appreciated JP. :)

Somehow it worked out that I not only didn't have any extra free time, I actually wound up with a lot less time that was spent doing anything productive. Except for reading; I went on a big reading binge, mainly medieval history for a series of Norse fantasy novels I've been writing the past few years. From what I've been reading, the 10th-11th centuries are a good time to avoid when planning a vacation. Still, my characters seem to enjoy it there.

Your scenario sounds very interesting, I'd love to dig into it but about a year back I stopped playing wargames for precisely the reason you joke about, the time factor. Which is also the reason I stopped going to the Internet a few months back, most of my free time was being used in posting. Also, people kept sending fiction for me to read and I take a long hacking my way through these things. So, in the end, I figured the best course was to grow a long beard and live in a cave. :D

As long as you have some Mahler playing in that cave, then I see no problem with that!

:eek: Brother Rambo :cool: :)

Let's see, some items of proof ???

Dubbed Klaus Boobee in 2002.

-- Kicked out for being the late Jim Boggs in 2003.

-- -- Played Archibald in two USA vs Rest of the World SC Tournaments.

And most importantly, I've never been lucky at anything; except in having a good wife and good friends.