CMBO keeps trying to reinstall...

I think you need to disable the "autorun" or "autoplay" feature of Windows for your CD drive.

Exactly how this is done depends on the Windows version - try checking the Help.

I think you can also disable this feature each time you insert the CD by holding down the shift key while the CD loads.

Regards, Len

Just visited the CDV forums - they're not exactly "happening", are they?

I couldn't find a specific messageboard for Combat Mission and I had to blow the cobwebs off my monitor after visiting the general one smile.gif

Thanks for the tip, Len. I don't want to disable autorun permanently, but I'll try holding down "shift" next time I stick in the CD.

Toodle pip,

Teddy Boy

[ November 20, 2002, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: Edward Windsor ]

• 3 weeks later...

Only the CDV version has an 'autoinstaller'. The BTS version doesn't have autoinstall code on the CD. The above mentioned behavior is common for autoinstall CD's. If you remove the CD and reinsert it later the autoinstall code will run the install program again. This is normal and expected. I don't know what the CDV autoinstaller looks like, but maybe they need more menus if it just starts to copy files right when you insert it (which I doubt it does).

This isn't a product that is being updated anymore, so no more changes are being made to the program to change any of this behavior.