Question for the developers

I've just finished a battle in which I had to take a village by crossing a river via a single bridge. In fact, I won with an enemy surrender before I actually crossed. But the point I want to raise is that several enemy afv's had advanced onto the bridge and were destroyed by me, which left the bridge blocked.

Because I had a win and the game ended I wasn't able to test what would've happened if I'd tried to push my tanks across and through/past the enemy hulks. In CMx1 dead vehicles could be pushed aside, but I've never seen that in SF.

So unless there is a known way around it there is quite a serious issue here. I would only have been able to advance with infantry - not satisfactory, and potentially deadly too. If it is the case that dead vehicles can't be moved it also leaves the way open for players to employ questionable tactics by blocking a bridge with their own vehicles.

Does anyone know if it's possible to push through/past enemy vehicles?

Yes, could just go ahead and run a test, but I won't have time for the next two or three days, so it'd be interesting to hear of anyone else's experience.

Just as a gameplayer, I've noticed the AI sometime thinking hard about how to get around an obstacle, then simply taking a deep breath and blowin' on through! Would you call that a 'bug' or a 'delibrate workaround'? Like you said, if the AI didn't do that occasionally we would regularly find ourselves trapped.

i didnt saw it so far, and i blocked a possibly important road by a single knocked out BMP for myself in the attack quiet some times till now. you have to go around if that happens, if theres no way around your stuck.

EDIT:

oh, i couldnt push hte AI throught knocked out vehicles so far. is there a special trick to make that work?

No joke - I usually place a waypoint on the faaaaar side of the map and let the AI figure it out. It sometimes comes up with remarkably clever solutions. If you aren't moving at all you're screwed. But an Abrams unable to cross a bridge (for any number of reasons) is not an unheard of event. That's why the game's mostly played combined arms. Let the grunts take the ground for the win if the tanks can't.

This still seems problematic to me despite the explanations given.

If I wanted to do a scenario in which a bridge crossing was a part of it and somehow a vehicle is disabled or destroyed on a bridge...my guys are just stuck? That is not cool at all.

In CMx1 there were lots of reasons for bumping vehicles like clearing bogged vehicles or getting passed wrecks.

I see no reason why that wouldn't be equally applicable here. Saying, adjust the scenario or only use your troops isn't quite right given that this shouldn't be a totally outrageous request.

I'm no expert but I would say that a heavy tank (or two) would be capable of nudging any other wreck out of it's way, even if it took several minutes to do so. It worked well in CMx1 and seemed wholly realistic.

Recent newsreel in Georgia showed a BMP effortlessly knocking a police car aside and dragging it along the street, so a heavy MBT shouldn't have a serious problem.