PDE vs WAW

Just off the top of my head there are Decision events, additional AI scripting events such as Global Variables and Links as well as the usual AI improvements. Maps are also bigger for the campaigns and of course the units and countries have been modified appropriately for the newer campaigns.

Long story short, PDE is an additional expansion with new content as well as a few additions to game play and AI capability.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

You know this leads me to a configuration of maps denoting different areas at different scales that are connected by loops. I'd thought about doing something like this for a Pacific campaign.

Say you create a number of different island groups in their normal N->S, East->West orientation and connect the map edges with loops to the appropriate map edge of another group.

Say you have the Solomons in the center connected to the Samoans to the west and the Admiralties to the NW, the Carolines to the NE, New Zealand in the south, and so on and so forth. Then of course the Carolines connected to the Marshalls, the Marshalls to the Gilberts....you get the picture.

Now each group is separate and you can design each one separately to whatever desired scale you wish, no need for a scale that is relative. Since they're all islands all travel by units is done through the sea loops from one group to the other with a variable number of entry arrows.

Just one thing to workout, long range bomber and recon units moving from one group to the other. As the SC mechanics work now, your only air elements would be carrier based.

Now all we need is land convoys!

And.....

Ability of air and surface raiders to interdict all convoys.

Ability to land and air transit nations that are 75% or more on your side.

Ability to use a nations ports and cities for supply if they are 50% or more on your side.

Ability to amphibiously attack occupied tiles.

Ability to add artillery, anti-air, anti-tank and tactical commanders to units as special upgrades.

Ability to limit movement of units based on oil supplies. Nations would accumulate oil each turn based on convoys and number of oil resources.

Atomic bomb unit that permanently destroys a resource and damages all units within 2 tiles.

Ability of a major power to send more than one convoy, eg. USA to UK AND USA to USSR etc.

I would also like to see Diplomacy changed.Right now if Germany has Diplo.chits in Spain and lets say the Allies have landed in France,Italy is kaput and the Russians are steamrolling west through Poland,there is no way Spain would even think of joining the Axis.There should be a tipping point where Dilpo chits from either side have no effect or they are dramatically reduced as the strategic fortunes of the war change.I do realise this would be a tough one to setup.