License key missing in box?

Hi Guys...

Currently on holidays in the US (FL) I spotted a paradox boxed copy of CM:SF at Gamestop, just 10 bucks so I had to buy. Had been considering ordering online in europe, but this was a no-brainer.

However, nowwhere in the box (double-size plastic DVD case) can I find a printed license key. I have the manual, CD, map of syria, but no key to be seen anywhere.

The manual talks about e-license and a key requirement, so I'm wondering if I need to go back into Gamestop and exchange it? My game system is at home, I can't try to install it here. Will I need a disk in the drive once it's activated?

thanks for your help

RS

PS: If anyone has the link to the latest patch handy for this version, that would be great.

I may be wrong about this since I don't own a Paradox/retail copy of CMSF. However, I believe that the Paradox/retail copy of the game DOES NOT need a key since it shouldn't be using eLicense. My assumption is that the Paradox version uses CD/DVD copy protected discs that require their presence in the drive when the game is launched.

The manual was written with the Battlefront eLicense system in mind and Paradox didn't modify it (I guess).

I could be wrong about this, but I believe only the Battlefront versions of the game utilize eLicense; thus no need for a key for the other versions.

If I remember correctly, the paradox copy protection system is a disc in the drive type of thing, and all references to elicense are erroneous references to the BFC version.

So you should be ok... As far as I remember.

EDIT: Well since two people simultaneously posted that they vaguely remember that, it must be true! :D