Syrian engineers go sky high.

I've used Syrian engineers many times and have never encountered this. Either it's a rare bug, or really good timing on the part of an enemy RPG or tank :D

Yep, that could be actually. Sometimes it is really hard to know what killed you. In game blasts are not supposed to hurt the "blaster".

Hmm. Strange. I've been unable to replicate it. Yesterday I had four Engineer squads on two walls of the same compound, quite close together. Two of them blasted holes and virtually all four squads were wiped out, bar a few men.

Tonight it doesn't happen that way. They blast the wall and survive unscathed. So something else must've killed them, and it happened at virtually the same moment as the wall blasts. Trouble is, it hasn't happened again, so I can't determine the cause.

Bizarre, but we can stand down on the bug alert, I think.

At ease, soldiers!

Solved it. The culprit was a hidden Kornet missile team, firing from the other side of the map, which I hadn't spotted before.

The missile was aimed (I believe) at a BMP-1 about 50 metres away from my engineers. It missed the BMP by a whisker, skimmed on past it and slammed into my guys who were, quite inadvertently, directly in the lof beyond the BMP. The missile blast happened at virtually the same moment as my two engineer blasts, which made it look like the damage was caused by the engineers themselves.

Interesting situation.

Of course, the Kornet may have actually been aimed at the engineers, but as far as I'm aware it's far more likely to have been aimed at the vehicle. Devastating effect on infantry, though.