cursor question

I'm having a problem with a jerky cursor in the game. Otherwise everything is smooth. I tried both choices in options and it doesn't seem to make any difference. I think if I can somehow use the standard windows mouse cursor instead of the green game cursor it might work better. Does anyone know how I can mod this? Or does anyone know how I can get the in game cursor to work smoother? thanks.

Well, the ingame cursor is in the exploded folder so that can be modded I guess but whether that would affect the response I kind of doubt it.

have you tried testing:

1-Turning shadows off?

2-Turning antialiasing off?

3-set textures and models to fast/balanced

see if all those at the same time make a difference.

EDIT- simultaneous post with Slug - so yes, what he said :)

I have a geforce 7600 superclock 512 meg. And I would never have guessed it because scrolling is totally smooth but going from improved to better causes the problem.

I don't have shadows on but need to keep aa on due to horrible shimmering that the aa corrects. I get the same thing in flight simulator and think it's my card but at least it can be fixed. I've tried different drivers but no fix so I just use the latest.

I'd like to try the windows cursor and think that might solve the problem on higher levels. Where is this exploded folder where the ingame cursor is located? I can't find it at all. Thanks.

I have a geforce 7600 superclock 512 meg. And I would never have guessed it because scrolling is totally smooth but going from improved to better causes the problem.

I don't have shadows on but need to keep aa on due to horrible shimmering that the aa corrects. I get the same thing in flight simulator and think it's my card but at least it can be fixed. I've tried different drivers but no fix so I just use the latest.

You might try adjusting the Nvidia card settings from the nvidia control panel - I put some settings up on the forums a while ago that made a heap of difference to my performance - maybe they might help?

I'd like to try the windows cursor and think that might solve the problem on higher levels. Where is this exploded folder where the ingame cursor is located? I can't find it at all. Thanks.

Depending on what O/S you are running - in Vista you can find the exploded file under:

C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Combat Mission Shock Force\Mod Tools\RezExplode\exploded\bmp\user interface\cursors

Actually I use nhancer. You can set each game separately. And there are more settings. I became very familiar with nvidia settings while playing flight simulator. That's a sim that requires a lot of tweaking. But I'll look at yours and likely I'll learn something new.

I use xp pro and have a rezexplode folder in mod tools. But all it has is an empty "input" folder and a rezexplode.exe file.

nhancer? yes maybe that's the same thing coz in my card GUI one can define settings for any .exe file on the system too. Good you got a head start from your flight sim tweak experience then :)

Re: the cursor mod, please excuse if I'm being overly simple or patronising but it looks like if you have an explode folder that is empty then you haven't exploded anything to mod yet?

if that's correct, follow the following, if you follow :)

go to cmsf/data folder and find the first .brz file; COPY it and paste it into the INPUT folder in the RezExplode folder.

double click the rezexplode.exe

a exploded folder will soon appear with all the folders and moddable objects contained therein.

make a folder called Z in the main CMSF/data folder.

once you've modded whatever you want, copy it into that Z folder

good luck