Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Confusion regarding wounded Abrams crew

c3k

Gents,

I'm playing a scenario in which one of my Abrams took an RPG hit resulting in damage and wounding of a crewmember. Well done, Syrian AT team. This brought up several issues.

1. I did not know anyone in the Abrams had been wounded until 2 or 3 turns later. Acting as battalion HQ, company HQ, platoon HQ, and vehicle commander, I - the player - NEED BETTER, MORE TIMELY, feedback on this.

2. The crew status icon, normally the four blue dots under the vehicle silhouette, is confusing. It showed 3 blue and one red. The red dot was the upper right dot. Who is that? I don't know. Looking at the stacked icons for the driver, gunner, loader, and commander just to the left of the vehicle silhouette box yielded no information. One of them is wounded, but who? In an infantry squad, the equivalent icon is shaded yellow; in the vehicle crew that does not occur.

3. Consistency: linked to point number 2, above. Why would a wounded crewmember have his blue dot change to red which indicate hors de combat whereas he is actually able to function? (Hors de combat in a vehicle is currently indicated by a MISSING blue or red dot.)

Thanks,

Ken

Elmar,

Excellent suggestion: I went back to look and here is what I saw...

AbramsCrewmemberwounded.jpg

As you can see, the red dot does not correspond to any other crew listing.

I know red means yellow (why, oh why, can't we change it to yellow?), but if it has no effect, why have it? If it does effect crew response time, etc., then why isn't it shown in either of the other two crew lists?

Thanks,

Ken

Oh,

The screenshot above also captures an elusive bug. Yes, bug.

Notice that the Abrams is selected: its icon is green. Now, look at the top of the screen and notice that the selected unit icon, the triangle, is RED. I've seen this several times.

Any thoughts? I'll post it separately if needed.

Thanks,

Ken

stikkypixie,

Yes, thanks. I see it now: An Abrams cresting a berm, advancing on the enemy.

The steely-eyed Tank Commander spoke, "Men! This is it! I expect you all to do your best!" Infused with the warrior spirit by their TC's motivating speech, the men in the tank braced for the battle.

Suddenly, BANG! "Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!! I'm hit, I'm hit! Oh, God, I'm hit!"

The Tank Commander was unsure what happened. Confusion, fear, fright! Then his training kicked in. "Driver! Reverse!" They retreated back over the protection of the berm.

What just happened? They must've been nailed by an RPG. Systems status were all okay. They could fight, but who was hurt?

"Men, report in!" "Driver here." "Loader here." "Gunner here."

Damn, this was gonna be a tough nut to crack. The TC, being resourceful, tried again. "Is anyone wounded?" Over the intercom came a faint reply, "Yes sir, I am."

"Who said that?", the TC demanded. Silence.

"Very well," the TC continued, "if no one admits to being wounded, we're going to have to dismount so I can perform an examination. Including all body cavities."

Silence.

Is that how it's supposed to happen?

Thanks,

Ken

But also completely irrelevant.

Supposing that the affected soldier is performing less well as soon as (s)he is injured, it is probably not.

Perhaps an injured gunner aims less well, an injured loader does not reload as fast, etc.???! :confused:

Best regards,

Thomm