Hmmmm...

I just tried to pre-order but stopped when I saw I'd be charged an additional $20 for postage! $20 postage for a $25 item is a bit too steep for me. I think the postage was only $13 for the original game (deluxe edition, price $60).

Not sure what I will do now. Will probably just buy via digital download alone in September.

Actually, it's a $35 item. The pre-order includes both Download & Mail, which will cost $35 after the pre-order offer is over. You could also say that the $10 you save for the pre-order offer (you only pay $25) reduces the shipping to $10.

But S&H really is independent of what the item(s) cost that you purchase. It's a fixed base cost "per order". Due to the bad Euro-Dollar exchange rate, we had to raise European S&H to $20 (the cost in Euros remained basically unchanged). The S&H for US customers remains at $10.

Martin

PS. BTW, each additional item costs $1, which is a good way to offset the S&H across multiple items in the same order.

Moon,

Thanks for the quick reply. I take your point - i.e. that the postage charge is offset by the $10 off for pre-ordering. However, what exactly does the Mail delivery include. Does it come with a printed manual? If not, the digital download option will still work out $10 cheaper (for non-US customers) and I can burn it to disk myself.

The Marines Module will be just the CD, with the manual(s) on disc. The Marines Bundle (with Shock Force base game) includes the original printed manual.

So yes, if you want to burn the CD yourself (we always recommend that) and/or don't care about the printed manual, it's definitely cheaper to not pre-order and wait until release day.

The only difference then is that Pre-order customers get a little head start on the release (they're notified first), but it's usually only a few hours before the public announcement (or less if someone spills the beans on the forum :)).