black terrain

Was there a point when you didn't have this problem or has the terrain always appeared black for you ? Does this happen in all scenarios/quick battles or only certain ones ?

Which specific driver do you have, 175.19 ? Which Windows OS are you running, XP or Vista ? If Vista, which flavor (i.e. - 32bit or 64bit) ?

What options do you have set in CMSF's Options panel ? What settings are you using in the Nvidia control panel's "3D Settings" portion ?

Is your game modded with different terrain graphics ? Is this copy of CMSF the Battlefront version or Paradox or Gamersgate (?) versions ?

Was there a point when you didn't have this problem or has the terrain always appeared black for you ? Does this happen in all scenarios/quick battles or only certain ones ?

Which specific driver do you have, 175.19 ? Which Windows OS are you running, XP or Vista ? If Vista, which flavor (i.e. - 32bit or 64bit) ?

What options do you have set in CMSF's Options panel ? What settings are you using in the Nvidia control panel's "3D Settings" portion ?

Is your game modded with different terrain graphics ? Is this copy of CMSF the Battlefront version or Paradox or Gamersgate (?) versions ?

Running Windows XP

New drivers (I dont jnow specifically...just went to the invida site)

Options: doesn't matter. regardless of video options, its messed up w/ 1.08 patch.

• 5 months later...

Today I reinstalled CMSF (no Marines module) and patch 1.11

The terrain is pretty much all black in a certain distance to the camera (see this screenshot). I play on Windows XP with Ati X700 graphics card. Everything worked fine a few weeks ago when I have played with patch 1.08 if I remember correctly.

My graphics settings:

V-sync off

Model quality Fastest

Texture quality Fastest

Antialiasing Off

High priority process On

Alt-click compatibility On

Help (apart from trying other graphics card drivers)?